Hopslam still available in stores?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcclai7

Reaction score
I have a friend who is going to the Detroit area of Michigan. I was just wondering if anyone knew if hopslam was still on shelves anywhere? If not, is there anything else readily available in that area that is a must try?

I have a friend who is going to the Detroit area of Michigan. I was just wondering if anyone knew if hopslam was still on shelves anywhere? If not, is there anything else readily available in that area that is a must try?

I just stopped off in Detroit on my way back from Chicago & unfortunately there isn't a whole lot to choose from there unless you're willing to drive a little to Founders, Dark Horse, or Bells.

The Best IPA I had in the Detroit area was Kuhnhenn's DRIPA. You'd need to have him get a growler though, since they don't bottle much at all.

I just found 3 in my refrigerator last week. That beer does not hold up well at all. I drank one and it was TERRIBLE. Completely different beer.

I don't know about MI, but in WI I still see it on the shelves occasionally . It's usually not in the places you'd expect - that is, good liquor stores are sold out, but the neighborhood grocery store that doesn't have a big craft beer clientele has it.

The honey moved to the front and is still enjoyable. Just a shell of it's former glory.

DRIPA is Michigans version of Pliny... I prefer it to Pliny. I have 9 Hopslams still in my fridge... I will have to drink them eventually. No more hopslam cases for me.

Back