Hops in blueberry beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaDAN1985

Reaction score
So I'm puttin together a blueberry ale what kind of hops would you guys suggest I have a small variety in my freezer
Thanks in advance

I would go with some kind of neutral hop like Goldings, unless you want some citrusy notes. I think the blueberry flavor and aroma will dominate any hop that you would add. Just go with Goldings to about 30 IBUs.

Cheers!

Willamette at 60 min 1 oz. maybe .5 oz at 30 min too, but you don't want to add any aroma hops that will mask the blueberry. 20-30 ibus sounds right.

I'd go with a bittering addition only, with a more neutral hop like Hallertauer. Leave as much room as possible for the blueberry aroma and flavor, without competing with any strong hop flavor or aroma.

This isn't a suggestion, more of a question.

Would a noble hop be good with a fruit beer like a blueberry beer? Saaz, Hallertau or maybe even Mt. Hood?

How about some hop with a bit of "woody" character to go along with the blueberries?

Thinking about bramling cross or pacific gem perhaps.

Back