Hops Growing in my yard.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwlampy

Reaction score
Can any of you help me figure out what kind of hops I have growing in my yard? They were here when I bought the house and would like some help on finding what kind they are. Any info would help. Thanks IMAG0407.jpg

The best thing to do would be send me a pound, and we'll go from there ;)

I had a similar issue, i took some of the fresh hops to our club meeting and they helped me out. Turns out they were cascade---or so we think.

I have no idea what they could be but your pretty lucky to move into a house with a hop plant full of cones. I would try a lighter beer with them to let the hops show through and then maybe you could figure out what they are.

I have about 3 big mounds of them growing and I tried to facebook the person I bought the house from but got no reply, I'm thinking they are nuget but not real sure, I've seen a website you can send a sample to and get all the info on them except what type they are, I might try it. I've never tried them in a batch yet, gonna try some this year and dry and freeze as much as I can. They are very aromatic, my wife thinks theres a skunk around all the time! lol

Three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, good school system, and huge hop plants in the back yard. SOLD!

I started after I moved here, I did a small tabletop batch from a kit about 24 yrs ago and never got back into it untill about three yrs ago. I have'nt used my hops in a batch yet, I always bought a beer kit that had the hops in it, gonna give it a shot soon though.

I just ordered 8 more hop plants, gonna expand my hop garden! This time I know what they are!

Can any of you help me figure out what kind of hops I have growing in my yard?
''

FREE- try em out with a light profile beer and see if you like em. If so they are "house strain". As long as they make good beer, that's all that counts.

Back