• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Hops, And Looking For Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peggjam

Reaction score
Here's the deal on the hops. My great Grandma planted these back in the 40's, they have been growing here ever since. I have no idea what variety they are. They have a nice critus smell to them. I would be willing to give them away in 1 oz batches to brewers who would be willing to let me know how good a brew they made. And if you are willing to pay postage. Just let me know if you are interest in a pm, 1st come, first served.

Also, I am looking for a tap for a pinlock keg, and a gas line for same. I can get them new, but thought someone might have one laying around,

Thanks for checking out my ad..:tank:

I'd like to have some but really you need to have more than a few ounces per brew to get a good idea on the flavor. Also are they good and dry or are they fresh picked? I'd like to get 4 or 5 oz if you are willing to do that. I can paypal an extra 10 bux on top of postage as well. Let me know what you can do.

So far I have in for hops:

nukebrewer
JohnSand
Bigbeavk

Weare still picking and drying, so I have no idea what we will end up with. Thanks.

I brewed with these today. A very simple one gallon extract batch, with Briess Golden Light and the Troupsburg Hops. I'll know how it worked out in six weeks.
Thanks Peggjam.

I brewed with these today. A very simple one gallon extract batch, with Briess Golden Light and the Troupsburg Hops. I'll know how it worked out in six weeks.
Thanks Peggjam.

Anything you've noticed so far while taste testing? Smells or tastes? I just PMed the OP.

Ten-to-one odds say that those hops are a Cluster cultivar. New York used to be the hop capital of the United States until downy mildew drove hop production westward in the 1920s. Most of the old hops that are found in New York are Cluster or Cluster/wild native hop hybrids.

Thanks Early.
I think I'd read that on this forum, and did my calculations using Cluster numbers.

RGauthier, he may not be monitoring this thread, but we've continued in pm's. You might message him.
Coincidentally, I was in the CG with a guy named Rob Gauthier.

Thanks for the advice. I did just that, and he's looking to see if there's any left.

All gone..thanks for all the responses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back