Hop Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennasbiotch

Reaction score
Has anyone bought from Northwest Hops? I placed an order on January 18 2015 and haven't heard from them since. I've emailed twice and called 3 times and nothing in return. Any input on this would be great!

I don't know about Northwest specifically but most suppliers won't have rhizomes out of the ground and ready for shipping until the ground thaws.

Yikes, that doesn't sound like good customer service!

But yeah, it's too early yet, but very close. I think I placed orders in Feb for an early March delivery. Lots of time before we plant here. We're still in the process of freezing.

FYI Great Lakes Hops was really good to deal with and I got some NICE crowns for a very reasonable price.

True, if you look at the order page you ordered from it will say something to the effect of "preorder". Rhizome delivery is supposed to happen closer to planting season so you do not have a case of them sitting in a refrigerator for the winter.

I ordered from them in Feb last year. They usually ship in March-ish I think? I never got anything and honestly forgot I had placed the order until some time around May, when I remembered, dug out the email and called them. They called back and somehow had forgotten/misplaced my order. Unfortunately by that time, they were also out of one of the three varieties I had ordered. They subbed a different one in (I went through about three different varieties before basically saying "just give me whatever you have left, whatever"). So, ultimately I got some of what I ordered, but not sure I would go with them again.

Thanks for the feedback. It just pisses me off that they won't return calls or emails! I thought it was too early but I would at least like to know when to expect them.

On the upside when I called them during their business hours, they did pick up the phone every time.

Did you at least get a confirmation email after you placed the order?

I bought for the first time this year from Thyme Garden. Heard good reviews. Fingers crossed.

Auger yes I got a receipt in an email. However I did not get anyone on the phone when I called four times now.

I ordered from Northwest Hops last year in Feb. received an email confirmation, and the end of March received my order. I didn't have any reason to contact them though so I don't know about that issue. It does state when ordering that they will ship out end of March though.

Latest posts

Back