• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Hop rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got them about 2 weeks, planted them right away in miracle gro organic dirt. No other compost added. Put the rhizomes 1 inch below the surface horizontally (2 per pot) and did a little mound of dirt on top. Water them every day. I live in florida so it's warm and get plenty of light. Maybe the temp (90s) helps
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looking at my garden I saw this... is it a hop leaf? I googled it and think it's pretty close. (I did have squash in the garden at one point and looks similar to that).

2014-05-01 09.32.15.jpg

Have anymore cascade? I dug them all up but only found 2 sprouting (too deep so they are small sprouts) and chopped 2 up pretty good. Invoice me for 6 more, [email protected] if you have them

Cool... invoice paid. Thanks!

I have some cascades I planted last year. They already have about 20 shoots each. Some 6 feet long. Should be a good year

Got mine today and put them in properly this time... fast ship, and even got ones with sprouts. Thanks again.

Got mine too, super fast delivery, healthy looking rhizomes. Awesome!!

Ditto! Got an extra cascade that I didn't order, shipped quick and arrived healthy. Planted them about a week ago and already have some 6" shoots coming up.

Thanks!

I got mine about a month ago and all have sprouted within a week or two except the chinook. Hopefully it should sprout soon.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399735685.214276.jpg

Yea I checked it yesterday and the thin one was limp but the thicker one was not as limp so I will re plant and try again I guess.

Want my rhizome? Crazy day. Might have to start a new CRAZY BUT TRUE HOP thread, 2014. New name for home brewers Beerippys. Should of been here to bad it was mothers day. New price for admission to my place...See the thread it will be classic Only me.

Think I have 1 going now (I think), the others aren't doing anything, planted them right this time... 1 out of 12 kinda sucks but I know how to do them next year.
10335740_10152118392107883_2001829156_n.jpg

Want my rhizome? Crazy day. Might have to start a new CRAZY BUT TRUE HOP thread, 2014. New name for home brewers Beerippys. Should of been here to bad it was mothers day. New price for admission to my place...See the thread it will be classic Only me.

I had to figure out what you were talking about here since this post made zero sense! Found the thread and now I get it...
Sounds like they brought some good homebrew with them!

Thanks again btw, mine are going well... Took a while to get sprouted but even the ones I thought died are a good 12 inches now. I'll be grabbing done more next year for sure, increasing the size of the hop box.

Yes way to late in the growing season, learned my lesson again this year and sent some out the end of may and had to eat the costs of refund with the shipping. Try to get them in the ground before June.

figured as much. i always seem to show up to the party late. when do you begin selling them next year? i'll set a reminder on my phone calender to remind me. would love to get a few fuggles/centi/goldings, especially for the prices

figured as much. i always seem to show up to the party late. when do you begin selling them next year? i'll set a reminder on my phone calender to remind me. would love to get a few fuggles/centi/goldings, especially for the prices

usually early april, Might have to raise the price to 4 ea and flat rate shipping. Things are going up here.

Back