Hop IBU Injectors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
Has anyone used Hop IBU Injectors? A few places are selling specific hop variety IBU Injectors. They all say to use at late boil / flameout / whirlpool.

They are strictly for IBU's and only useful to "inject" during a full-rolling boil of the very start of the wort, such as 90 minutes.

They are strictly for IBU's and only useful to "inject" during a full-rolling boil of the very start of the wort, such as 90 minutes.

that is the novarietal hopshot instructions.

Here's the instructions for CAscade IBU injector "Current AA - 50%
Variety specific hop extract.
Can be used late in the boil or whirlpool to get variety specific flavors and aromas."

As fare as shelf life, it was the intention of concentrating it for longer storage then just a season. Ive only used them for bittering, farm house has several single hop versions cascade citra chinook and eldorado. I was wanting to make a ipa with the chinook and citra. I figued id have to dry hop tho i cant think how to use the hop shots for that. I was think

11# 2row
8oz honeymalt
8oz oats
1# flaked wheat 150* 60min mash
60 min 50 ibu shot
15min irish moss, kdap
0min 5ml of both cotra and chinook
Chill to 170 10ml both citra chinook for 30min
Esb yeast
Day 3 1oz citra 1oz chinook dry hop
After ferm 1oz citra 1oz chinook

I dont know if i would ne adding enough hop shot for a hop bomb but if any one knows how ml convert into oz of hops that would be great.

Back