Hop Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pNesh

Reaction score
Brewing an IPA this weekend for my best friends bachelor party late August. I have lots of hops but also have lots on my mind and can't get the inspiration to put the schedule together. Here's what I got, any help would be appreciated. And while we're at it - any suggestions on specialty grains wouldn't hurt.

APOLLO
BRAVO
CENTENNIAL
COLUMBUS
PALISADE
PERLE
CASCADE

Was maybe thinking of an Apollo, Palisade and Cascade combo...

Thanks in advance!

Brewing an IPA this weekend for my best friends bachelor party late August. I have lots of hops but also have lots on my mind and can't get the inspiration to put the schedule together. Here's what I got, any help would be appreciated. And while we're at it - any suggestions on specialty grains wouldn't hurt.

APOLLO
BRAVO
CENTENNIAL
COLUMBUS
PALISADE
PERLE
CASCADE

Was maybe thinking of an Apollo, Palisade and Cascade combo...

Thanks in advance!

I would do a Triple-C IPA, with a Malty back.Add Say 3lbs Munich to the Grain Bill and say 1lb Cara-Munich 1 or 2 and hop it like this.

30 Min 1oz CENTENNIAL
25 Min 1oz COLUMBUS
20 Min 1oz CASCADE
15 Min 1oz CENTENNIAL
10 Min 1oz COLUMBUS
5 Min 1oz CASCADE
Flame Out 1 OZ of Each.

That is what i would do.

I think an all Perle and Centennial IPA would be awesome.

11 pound two row
2 pound viennna
8 oz c40
WLP001
mash at 152
1 oz centennial at 60
1 oz perle @20
1 oz centennial at 20
1 oz perle at 5
1 oz cenennial at 5

1 oz of each dry hop

you can't go wrong here......

I would go with a Bravo/ Palisade mix. Use the Bravo to get around 70% of your IBU's with a 60min addition and then use the palisade for flavor/aroma and dry hopping. I'd go with a 1:1 ratio (sg/IBU). I love palisade one of my favorite hops!

The hops did come from Farmhouse so looks like I should go with Bravo and Palisade. Would like to use Centennial as well, maybe something like this?

Hop Schedule Time
0.5 oz Bravo FW
0.5 oz Palisade FW
0.5 oz Cascade FW
1.5 oz Bravo 60
0.5 oz Palisade 60
0.5 oz Cascade 10
0.5 oz Palisade 10
0.5 oz Bravo 5
0.5 oz Cascade 5
0.5 oz Palisade 5

1.0 oz Centennial DH
1.0 oz Palisade DH

This is also going to be an extract brew so I can just use the Vienna and c40 for steeping. Then use about 6-7 pounds of extract? What are thoughts on late additions? Want to try it out but haven't tried it yet, might help with all the hops I want to use.

Back