Hop Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorge Bublitz01

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jorge Bublitz. I've been a software engineer and brewer for over 15 years.
I developed a free Hops app. Today it has more than 220 hops in its database!! Characteristics, suggested styles, possible substitutes, profile chart, and much more.
A new look, more search options: now you can search by Beer Styles, Characteristics, and more. For example: "IPA Citric -Spicy" will get the hops indicated for IPA, which are Citrus and that are not Spicy.
You can also rate Hops and create your favorites list.
Available in Portuguese, English, and Spanish. To change the language just click on the flag in the top right corner of the app.
Stores: Google and Apple
#Hops #HopGuide #Brewmaker #HomeBrew

sc01.png
sc02.png
sc03.png

Just downloaded it to give it a try. The search is a bit clunky if you're trying to find a certain hop that you can't remember the name. Example, you type in "C" to list all the hops that start with C but hops like African Queen comes up.

Besides that nit pick, it looks like a pretty cool app. A big advantage I like is the hop substitutions. If I want to brew a recipe that has a certain hop I don't have in stock, maybe I have it's substitute. Very nice for brewers like me that aren't recipe savvy.

Back