Hop clusters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgrivois

Reaction score
I planted a couple ryzomes last year and they didn't do much. This year one of them seems to be doing fine, even has some clusters on it, however the clusters are not tight and compact, will they tighten up as the summer goes on?

What do you mean? The cone or flowers will start off as little strings and grow into cones

Sorry for the vague description, here is what the cones look like. Very loose looking, not tight and compact like ones I see in pictures.

20170704_182741.jpg

Depends on the variety. Some cones are tight and compact, others are more open" do you remember the name of your hop? Either way you have hops!

I would start out by making a list of what you think you would have bought, (of course you can eliminate all the patented varieties) and look those up on line to see if the cone is a close match. The cones are different shapes and sizes you could at least come close or know what family. If it is a short list it won't take much of your time.

Back