Hook'em Horns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it, Hook'em Horns:mug:

I was flying out of Huntsville the other day... like 4 times in fact. I lied to the passengers and told them that we were an Austin based flight crew, welcome aboard... and Hook Em Horns!

I got a lot of jeers, but I had fun, that is all that matters. :rockin:

Some guy said... "so how you going to feel when Alabama beats Texas?!" I said... I dunno, I will probably be dead by that time.

I was flying out of Huntsville the other day... like 4 times in fact. I lied to the passengers and told them that we were an Austin based flight crew, welcome aboard... and Hook Em Horns!

Some guy said... "so how you going to feel when Alabama beats Texas?!" I said... I dunno, I will probably be dead by that time.

Classic, that is awesome.

Just checkin' to see if you are still among the living.....;)

Just checkin' to see if you are still among the living.....;)

Most certainly! It was all in good fun, our flights were running late to ATL so it was fun to get them thinking about something else. MANY of them were traveling out to the game in thier Alabama gear...

One numb nut was trotting up and down the isle pumping his fists saying "Roll Tide!!" The flight attendants called me back to see if he was drunk, or just socially inept, it was the latter of the two.

Yeah, it is certainly a big event. They said there was well over 90 thousand in attendance in Pasadena. That's a lot of football fans..........

The flight attendants called me back to see if he was drunk, or just socially inept, it was the latter of the two.

Not really a suprise.

I did take the chance to call the police on some bama fans shooting off fireworks...so at least I got something out of it.

Hey Pol, if you come back here to Huntsville and have to RON, let me know, and we can go grab a few.....if you don't have an early flight the next day.....

That is if you don't mind drinking with a Bama fan....:)

What a horrible second strip quarterback.

What a horrible second strip quarterback.

During the game I really felt for Gilbert he was obviously not ready nor experienced enough to be thrust into the situation he was in. My question is what sort of coach relies so heavily upon his first string quarterback that his 2nd string quarterback is that young and inexperienced? Frankly if I were in the position that I could ask I'd really be asking the Texas coach when did it seem like a good idea to have someone as green as Gilbert as his 2nd QB?

I'm no die hard Alabama fan but when an Alabama team is up for a National Championship I root for them, but I really found myself giving a few shouts of "hell yeah go boy" when Gilbert finally found himself late in the game and started looking pretty good.

I'm no die hard Alabama fan but when an Alabama team is up for a National Championship I root for them.

I watched Auburn's bowl game with some bama fans and they where saying things like "I hope Ben Tate breaks his legs so that he can never play football again." So why should I go for them?

I watched Auburn's bowl game with some bama fans and they where saying things like "I hope Ben Tate breaks his legs so that he can never play football again." So why should I go for them?

You're right those people you were with why would you go for them?

But seriously, are you judging a team, any team, by their idiot redneck fans? It's people like those you were with is why I'm not really a fan of football or Nascar period, because the fans are so often completely worthless human beings with no redeeming qualities and total wastes of air that it puts a bad taste in my mouth for the sport as a whole.. I'm sure you could have spent the night in a heavily "Auburn loving" hangout during the Bama game and heard equally stupid crap, hell I'd bet cash on that. Being a bama fan doesn't make them idiots, being idiots makes them idiots.

I would never wish harm on any athlete, I may want them to LOSE but I want them to go home healthy at the end of the night.

Back