Honey Brown Ale...so far im semi disappointed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeandblue302

Reaction score
Ok so I have cracked open my first Honey brown that i bottled on the 7th of February and, as compared to my first few brews at the same point, I have to say im not to excited.

I know its still early and the beer is clearly still green but my other batches, at nearly two weeks of conditioning, have tasted much more full than this one.

It was a Brewers Best Brown ale in which I added about 1 to 1.5 pounds of honey to the full boil. Its very flat and verrrrry sweet still. I know time heals and it should have at least three weeks but I have had a few HI.P.A's and wanna vent.

Revvy, Yooper or anyone give me some reassurance in my drunken stooper...hey that kinda rhymes with Yooper....

If you meant to say the 7th of February, then it hasn't really been in the bottle long enough to be completely ready. Give it another week and a half to two weeks and try again. Best of luck! :mug:

If it is very flat and sweet perhaps carbonation is not completed and therefore there is excess sugar still in there. Give it some more time.

oh its by no means finished just, when compared to my other brews at the same juncture, doesnt seem to be on the same time table. Im guessing because I added in other complexities with the Honey that i didnt with the first few batches.

I take this statement back. I had to try another one today, because I was curious of course, and let me tell you I will never...ever...disrespect the power of all that is homebrew.

Warm and Green it still tasted like a piece of heaven.

Thanks yeasties and all of those who contributed to this wonderful inebriating concoction. I share this award with you all!

Absolutely, release that stale air from your lungs. It fermented out drier(sp?) than I planned but it actually taste very very good. Pretty darn potent too.

I broke my hydrometer before I could get my final gravity but my O.G. was 1.058 and stayed in the fermenter for a month...I wish I knew the ABV but I estimate its about 6.5-7 or so.

Any idea how I could get an estimate?

nevermind...i have had one and can already feel its effects...

all i need to know is that its good and does its job..

Back