Homebrewing cost effectiveness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have well over 12 different homebrews available at my house right now, I also have 3 8' shelves filled with commercial beer 3-4 deep. Your argument is invalid.

That said, this thread is going in circles

i like it that cause you don't like what i said my argument is invalid...lol
guess what your argument is invalid cause i don't do what you do...haha:ban:

i like it that cause you don't like what i said my argument is invalid...lol
guess what your argument is invalid cause i don't do what you do...haha:ban:

Dude I'm just heckling this thread, relax homie. And you should do what I do, it's brilliant.

Dude I'm just heckling this thread, relax homie. And you should do what I do, it's brilliant.

man i could care less...trust me i am not upset at all. I wont do what you do even if you think its brilliant. I like doing things my way...and drinking pretty much only my beer is one of those things...:mug:

man i could care less...trust me i am not upset at all. I wont do what you do even if you think its brilliant. I like doing things my way...and drinking pretty much only my beer is one of those things...:mug:

/ :off:

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier had been my favorite beer for....well....forever actually. As such it inspired my first and longest attempt a cloning a beer. Over the years I have messed with the recipe proportions, fermentation temp, and pitch rate. I have ended up with a beer that I like much better. I tried a bottle of the Weihenstaphaner Hefe at a friends house the other day and all it did was make me miss my own version.

/end :off:

/ :off:

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier had been my favorite beer for....well....forever actually. As such it inspired my first and longest attempt a cloning a beer. Over the years I have messed with the recipe proportions, fermentation temp, and pitch rate. I have ended up with a beer that I like much better. I tried a bottle of the Weihenstaphaner Hefe at a friends house the other day and all it did was make me miss my own version.

/end :off:

i think thats the reason i only drink my own stuff...once i get a recipe right i cant find a beer that you can buy that is as good as the one i made.

I think homebrewing is like fly tying for fishing. Sure, you can often find commercial stuff cheaper, but the quality isn't always what you may want. Also, you can tweak a fly pattern for different conditions or streams. I brew because it's a fun hobby, and I can get what I want when I want it. Seasonal beers like a white ipa is accessible year round, and I prefer mine better than the saranac version. The summer ale kit from my lhbs is like sam's, and it's less than $40. At my beer store it's ~$60 for 2 cases, and I prefer the lhbs version

Latest posts

Back