Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be back home on the Outer Banks of NC. Plan on brewing with a buddy that I introduced to homebrewing. There will be quite a few non brewers there as well being as its a party. Should be fun. I wont be able to get the post up for a few days though.

On another note, I've got some pictures posted from the wedding I brewed for. A bigger write up and more pictures to come. http://atomicdonkeybrewing.blogspot.com/2012/04/big-day.html

And thanks Tenacious. The Cascade and Nugget are on year 3. Obviously they are the two big plants. THe Chinook have just broken through a few days ago. I put the rhizome in last fall so this will be the first full year. Not expecting a whole lot.

Some mroe updates on the blog. Going to have our first contest for a sampler 6 pack soon. Liquid yeast of couse. I will be paying to have it shipped.

Brewing a robust porter this weekend. I will be throwing in some bourbon soaked oak chips in a few weeks.

Take a look and follow me if you can. id love to see those numbers go up. Im going to switch to a real webpage soon but i wanted to get more traffic to make it worth the time and money. I hope all of my HBT family is donig very well.. :mug:

Loved the pics of Big Brew day! I also enjoy reading everyones posts! I try and comment when I can, but if not I am still reading!

If you all are interested Id like to ask that you vote in my poll for what I should brew next. I am pretty full on my kegs and fermentors at the moment, but I have the time to brew. I was hoping to make something high ABV and let it age 6 months or so - can give it out as presents. So check out the poll please :)

http://shegoguebrew.blogspot.com/

Hey Guys.. I finally got many of your blogs up on my site (sorry it took so long). They are listed under our "Favorite Things" section. Oh, and if I didn't say it yet, thanks for adding BrewGeeks to yours!

I may have missed some so please send a PM or contact me if I did.

TK

Wow, lots of updates since I was last here. Glad to see all these blogs. Everything looks great. I just posted a brief summary of perhaps the longest bottling night in history.

Mine's a Tumblr and it's in my signature. I need to start including a lot more pictures, but I'm lazy. But hey, I'm a writer so it only makes sense most of the content is me blabbing on.

I don't really know what I'm doing, but it's fun anyway!

I've had a hard time over the past month getting updates up. When my free-time shrinks, my time for brewing shrinks, as does my time for brew-blogging. =(

Just entered the Battle of the Brews at the Delaware State Fair. Tiny write up on the blog. This is the 2nd annual and the 2nd time Ive entered. Got 2nd in my category last year (Irish and Scotish Ale) and was thrilled. I've heard there are already more than twice as many entries this year. Who cares, its a good reason to drink and meet folks.

I also have a blog that I've been writing in from time to time. I have a lot of goals for my blog in the upcoming future, but for now, I'm just getting my feet wet learning the ins and outs of blogging.

My blog has mostly been about my personal life, but includes a lot of beer stuff and fishing adventures!

http://1adaymcbobs.blogspot.com

I don't have too many readers yet, but I'm still learning everything and having fun blogging about my endeavors!

Got some more photos in of the wedding brew. Atomic Donkey never looked so good. Check em out if you get a chance. Hope everyone is well. Just got back from a fishing trip to Deep Creek Maryland. Amazing small mouth fishing. Caught smallmouth, walleye, red eye, perch, brim, and trout. Some of the best fishing around.

just posted my imperial pilsner brew day. With a few pics of the brewing, porter fermentation blowout, and hop progress. Those hops are really moving this year. People arent kidding when they say the 3rd year is the best. Well, best so far.

Hey, just starting to get mine going. CT and New England have a LOT of great breweries, so I was planning on documenting the ones I vist, as well as incorporating some hombrewing along the way.

Still working on it, and only have one post (a recipe). Wish i had taken more pictures from the American Craft Beer Festin boston at the beginning of this month, that would have been a nice event to discuss.

anyways, ive looked at most of the ones in this thread. good work!

awesome thanks! ill add both of yours as well (unless there are objections, or course!)

hopefully i will be going to relic brewing co in CT friday to sample some of their brews

Love the concept, mewithstewpid. Nice stuff.

I posted a new blog entry of my own today... it's amazing what a little age can do for a beer (especially if it's a big beer).

I started a blog recently. It's going to be devoted mainly to small batch brewing but it might evolve later down the line. I'm actually thinking of changing the name since I probably won't stick with small batches forever.

I started a blog recently. It's going to be devoted mainly to small batch brewing but it might evolve later down the line. I'm actually thinking of changing the name since I probably won't stick with small batches forever.

nice love the name. adding this to my list.

question for you, because i sometimes do 1gal cider batches.

whats the easiest way to bottle? do you still transfer to a bottling bucket, or do you pour directly into bottles? whats your method?

nice love the name. adding this to my list.

question for you, because i sometimes do 1gal cider batches.

whats the easiest way to bottle? do you still transfer to a bottling bucket, or do you pour directly into bottles? whats your method?

I rack on top of priming sugar in 12 qt pot with an auto siphon. Then use the auto siphon and bottling wand for filling the bottles. The main problem I've had with the auto siphon is you cannot angle it enough to siphon all the beer out because of the width compared to the small opening on the one gallon jugs.

I am giving the blog thing another try: The Humble Tun

I'm getting into pickling and natural fermentation of other stuff: veggies, hopefully sauerkraut and kimchi soon, etc. - so there will be a little bit of that thrown in with the homebrewing stuff too. Mostly photos from Instagram for now, but I'm working on a 6-part post series thing that details my brewing method. Nothing revolutionary, but it might help someone out there. Hope to be done by the end of this week!

I have added a bunch of blogs from this thread that I knew off the top of my head, but will be adding some more shortly, so if I missed you, sorry! I do like having a big list of other homebrewing blogs on my blogroll - feels good to support other bloggers out there. If you'd like to link to my blog, feel free - I'd appreciate it!

Burgs: Your blog looks good. The hard part is getting in the habit of posting regularly. Site looks nice though, keep posting.

I'm off and running with my IPA Clone Series. I'm trying clone a number of the best IPAs in the country to see how close I can get, and to establish clones recipes for a few that aren't out there. Recent World Beer Cup Gold-Medal-Winning Four Peaks Hop Knot was first, and it was a complete success (Post is up for that). Coming up soon are:

• Pliny the Younger (already brewed and in the secondary being dry hopped)
  • Stone's 10th Anniversary Ruination
  • Firestone Walker Double Jack
  • Two Hearted Ale
  • Pliny the Elder
  • Union Jack

I love IPAs, so it should be fun.

Yeah, I hear ya. I think my goal is not really to be a huge source of how-to information... more just pretty pictures. :)

I've found that I'm better at explaining how and why I do things if someone is actually helping me brew and is hands-on involved in the process. Typing it all out is a lot less fun.

You're IPA series sounds fun. It takes a little self control for me to brew anything other than IPA.

Burgs: Your blog looks good. The hard part is getting in the habit of posting regularly. Site looks nice though, keep posting.

I'm off and running with my IPA Clone Series. I'm trying clone a number of the best IPAs in the country to see how close I can get, and to establish clones recipes for a few that aren't out there. Recent World Beer Cup Gold-Medal-Winning Four Peaks Hop Knot was first, and it was a complete success (Post is up for that). Coming up soon are:

• Pliny the Younger (already brewed and in the secondary being dry hopped)
  • Stone's 10th Anniversary Ruination
  • Firestone Walker Double Jack
  • Two Hearted Ale
  • Pliny the Elder
  • Union Jack

I love IPAs, so it should be fun.

nice looking work there. I added your blog to the list on my site, hope you dont mind!

Just update mine with some Whiskey Barrel Fun!

still working on the other pages and such. takes a lot more time than i thought.

@mewithstupid - I added your blog to my list. :mug:

*edit* Also, I enjoyed the post you just added. I am going to give the cubitainer idea a try this fall when my basement cools down a bit more! Keep at your blog, you have some cool ideas going.

Once I have some free time, i'll add that blog list widget and start adding some of you guys too it. Thanks to mewithstewpid and Burgs, who already added me to their blog list.

@mewithstupid - I added your blog to my list. :mug:

*edit* Also, I enjoyed the post you just added. I am going to give the cubitainer idea a try this fall when my basement cools down a bit more! Keep at your blog, you have some cool ideas going.

awesome, thanks!

and the cubitainer is sweet. The great thing about it compared to a traditional cask is that the beer in it will last a very long time because it is not actually exposed to oxygen. And they are dirt cheap!

Once I have some free time, i'll add that blog list widget and start adding some of you guys too it. Thanks to mewithstewpid and Burgs, who already added me to their blog list.

If I have forgotten anyone on our site (under favorite things), please send over a link and I'd love to add it.

TK

Back