Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Md certainly seems to be represented well. And as far as breweries, we are doing very well here on the shore. Just in the Salisbury area we have Evolution Brewing, Burly Oak, and soon to be Tall Tales. And this is all within the last year or two. And of course just up the road in De is Dogfish Head. North Carolina is my home state and obviously it is doing exceedingly well in the brewing world.

Md certainly seems to be represented well. And as far as breweries, we are doing very well here on the shore. Just in the Salisbury area we have Evolution Brewing, Burly Oak, and soon to be Tall Tales. And this is all within the last year or two. And of course just up the road in De is Dogfish Head. North Carolina is my home state and obviously it is doing exceedingly well in the brewing world.

I was just thinking that!

Frederick has Flying dog, Duclaw has multiple sites, and Heavy Seas (formerly Clipper City) is in Baltimore. My wife's family is from DE, they have some great laws their the promote brewing...think Sam at Dogfish Head got a lot of them into writing, but its def a good thing for the state.

Ok silly question Im sure. How do you get the facebook app on the blog? I havent been able to find that one.

Been a busy month and a half of blogging (for me anyways). Finally got tasting notes up for my Wild Yeast Saison and Sour Cranberry Brett experiment. Plus a couple other things too.

Making up for lost time back in the Fall :ban:

congrats on firing up the new rig for the first time. i would be a little stressed to try a decoction mash for the first run!

Happy to say I'll be brewing around 5:30 today after work. the grain is already crushed, everything is cleaned and sanitized and the smack pack is swelling as we speak. Hopefully I'll be blogging about it soon. In addition, next weekend is the AC Beer Fest which will be the subject of at least one post.

Congrats on the new rig! Hopefully tonight I get to brew up my Jefe's Hefe. It will be my first decoction mash! I got all the grains and ingredients I needed this weekend.

Tenacious, it was a little stressful but I never was really able to pull one off with confidence before this. Having all the burners certainly helped. I pulled it off with little problem. My biggest issue is the digital therm I have to monitor the temp of the decoction. Its a walmart special and it was less than trustworthy. But I could have been too far off. Only time will tell.

Good luck Danger. This was only the second decoction I'd ever tried. Certainly increased the brew time but I think it will be worth it.

Tenacious, it was a little stressful but I never was really able to pull one off with confidence before this. Having all the burners certainly helped. I pulled it off with little problem. My biggest issue is the digital therm I have to monitor the temp of the decoction. Its a walmart special and it was less than trustworthy. But I could have been too far off. Only time will tell.

Good luck Danger. This was only the second decoction I'd ever tried. Certainly increased the brew time but I think it will be worth it.

Waiting on those tasting notes!

I just posted my cheap hopper extension post on my blog. Recommend any barley crusher uses check it out!

Things have slowed down a little on my blog lately. I've got a number of things in the pipeline to write about, but nothing is really 'complete' yet. Ups and downs I guess.

Things have slowed down a little on my blog lately. I've got a number of things in the pipeline to write about, but nothing is really 'complete' yet. Ups and downs I guess.

Such is blogging. I commented on your labels on the actual blog... they are great!

I am in the same boat scottland. Anyways in the mean time, I have a quick 10 question survey to help me pick which seasonals to brew this year. Survey Here.

I had a kick out of the Barely Legal Cereal contest. Especially since I secretly still love cinnamon toast crunch.

I am in the same boat scottland. Anyways in the mean time, I have a quick 10 question survey to help me pick which seasonals to brew this year. Survey Here.

I had a kick out of the Barely Legal Cereal contest. Especially since I secretly still love cinnamon toast crunch.

I voted on your survey. Also, why secretly love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? That stuff rules!

:off: As a complete aside: I'd be interested in continuing to trade links with other homebrewing blogs. Let me know if you are interested.

Just added some new posts these past couple of weeks - most recently a post on my "Funky Oatmeal Stout" experiment and my first foray into the monthly "Friday Beer Blogging" event.

well, off to the LHBS to pick up ingredients for my next batch! :mug:

Just added some new posts these past couple of weeks - most recently a post on my "Funky Oatmeal Stout" experiment and my first foray into the monthly "Friday Beer Blogging" event.

well, off to the LHBS to pick up ingredients for my next batch! :mug:

Great stuff! I added you to my list homebrew blogs I'm following on my site! Good luck on the 60/- in competition

Great stuff! I added you to my list homebrew blogs I'm following on my site! Good luck on the 60/- in competition

Thanks! I may have missed my window of opportunity to get the 60/- into local competitions..oh well. But more for me to drink! I just "followed" your blog and will add it to my 'links' page. :mug:

I started one last year too. I update it regularly. I try to add whatever links I can to my link lists.

Thanks! I may have missed my window of opportunity to get the 60/- into local competitions..oh well. But more for me to drink! I just "followed" your blog and will add it to my 'links' page. :mug:
Oh no! Were they stored cold? I find my darker SRM beers hold up for a LONG time in cold storage.

I started one last year too. I update it regularly. I try to add whatever links I can to my link lists.
Nice Blog - really like that bucket organizer you have. Awesome idea! Bold Name for someone in the north :) Added to my list on my blog

FYI - I think that I have almost everyones blog from this thread, but if I don't PM me and I will be more than happy to add it to min. I have it set up to sort based on the most frequent postings. So the more often you post, the higher up on the list you'll be and more visible to my followers... although there aren't that many... YET! :)

Oh no! Were they stored cold? I find my darker SRM beers hold up for a LONG time in cold storage.

It's not the beer...it's me. There were two local comps that I wanted to get into, but just forgot and missed them. The beer is still good - even after 2.5 years in the bottle!

Got my new tap handles in the mail!!! Check them out here. Here is a little preview:

Drool...

IMG_0115.jpg

Those are freakin sweet Danger! When I finally start kegging i would love to have something thats half that nice.

Check out the blog. Im brewing a lot these days. More than I thought I would be at this point. And I LOVE IT!

Awesome post Tenacious. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been growing hops for myself and I few other homebrewers in the area for 3 years now. I'm giving serious thought to expanding. I live in an ag area and my neighbor owns most the fields. We have 1 decent size brewery in town and a 3 or 4 others within 45 minutes of here. Nice to see someone thinking the same thing and following through with it. I wish them all the success they desire.

Awesome post Tenacious. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been growing hops for myself and I few other homebrewers in the area for 3 years now. I'm giving serious thought to expanding. I live in an ag area and my neighbor owns most the fields. We have 1 decent size brewery in town and a 3 or 4 others within 45 minutes of here. Nice to see someone thinking the same thing and following through with it. I wish them all the success they desire.

checked out your hop post too. you're plants look great going into year 3! hoping mine turn out the same.

Question for all you homebrew bloggers: Are you planning anything for the AHA Big Brew Day on May 5th? More importantly, will you be blogging about it? Our club will be doing an all day event at our home base: Iron Hill in Maple Shade, NJ. I think it would be a great opportunity to collaborate/share links to everyone's posts. Maybe some type of common theme? let me know if anyone is interested or has ideas

Back