Homebrewer in Houston, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarded

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been lurking on these forums for the last few weeks and couldn't wait to join. I started homebrewing this past December (2010) with a Stout that turned out mediocre at best, but I was pleased with my first result. I currently have a Kolsch aging in bottles, about 5 days to go, but as of right now it tastes great and I'm really pleased!

Anyway, I'm still new to the process and am trying to improve and eventually master homebrewing. I'm also interested in building a Kegerator, there seem to be a ton of good ideas bouncing around here.

Ideally I'd love to open up a brewpub some day...whether it be 10 years from now or when I retire. I plan on moving to the pacific Northwest (i.e. Oregon) and "studying" beer as best I can to help out in my dream. I hope to find invaluable knowledge here to grow and learn plenty of tricks along the way!

Cheers!

Welcome!

I'm a Houston native myself and it's always good to see people who might share my love for some less than amazing sports teams (at least in the past few years.) Anyway, welcome again!

Tom

P.S. - The avatar above makes me pretty uncomfortable as it's been visible for the whole time I typed this message.

I currently live in the West U area, close to rice village. I don't consider myself to be "from" Houston, per say, but I have lived here more than any other location!

Yes, our sportsteams are lackluster but it's hard not to like them despite the losing records.

I saw the avatar as a dice rolling preparation maneuver at first glance but after reading the signature I'm having second thoughts :p

I currently live in the West U area, close to rice village. I don't consider myself to be "from" Houston, per say, but I have lived here more than any other location!

Yes, our sportsteams are lackluster but it's hard not to like them despite the losing records.

I saw the avatar as a dice rolling preparation maneuver at first glance but after reading the signature I'm having second thoughts :p

Hi Jarded, Welcome! I hope we get to meet you in person one of these days since you live so close. - Jeff

Back