Homebrew supplies in southern Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HB2112

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I started brewing last year. Wanted to support the local shops, but the closest one burned down so I had to drive to Grants Pass. Great shop helpful owner well stocked. Stopped by the place a week or so ago and new owner. Not stocking what the previous owner did or not replenishing stock. I'm at a loss of what to do now. I know starting a new business is pretty capital intensive, but not keeping up with at least the same inventory will lose your customers. As for ordering online goes I'm sure liquid yeast will survive in the current temperatures, but what about when it gets warm.

So I started brewing last year. Wanted to support the local shops, but the closest one burned down so I had to drive to Grants Pass. Great shop helpful owner well stocked. Stopped by the place a week or so ago and new owner. Not stocking what the previous owner did or not replenishing stock. I'm at a loss of what to do now. I know starting a new business is pretty capital intensive, but not keeping up with at least the same inventory will lose your customers. As for ordering online goes I'm sure liquid yeast will survive in the current temperatures, but what about when it gets warm.
Switch to dry yeast.
I used to live just a few miles below the southern Oregon border and got an order from Williams brewing the day after I ordered it.

Have you ever been in Black Bird on West Main in Medford. It is a truly amazing place they have a huge selection of home brewing/wine making gear. They also have an interesting selection of Bar-B-Que gear and man-interest kitchen gear. Of course, sporting goods, hardware and clothing. The owner's are true survivors as they have withstood the onslaught of big box stores. If nothing else you should go in and have a look around. Call ahead if you are looking for something in particular.

Yes I've been to Blackbirds and they do have a good selection of brewing supplies. I just wished they carried whole leaf hops instead of just pellets and a better selection of liquid malt extract.

Since the decent brew shop burnt down last year, it's made you Southern Oregon folk limited. If you don't mind the drive, Eugene and Corvallis have some good shops. I love Salem Brew Shop if you venture that far North. If you need, let me know, I can always pick you up stuff and we could meet half way! I offer that up to my buddy Rick.

Thanks Keizer that's awesome and I appreciate it. I might take you up on that. During the end of summer I make a trip up that way to see a friend of mine in Hebo. I might have to visit him more often.

Back