Homebrew in 7 days! latest technology!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, context is key. And you're missing it. ;)

Read ALL of their literature (I did) and you'll arrive at the conclusion that homebrewing in NZ isn't as advanced as what we know. Primarily that's because homebrewing is a substitute for buying commercial beer - homebrewers want to drink commercial beer but it's too expensive relative to homebrew. So they try to clone their favorite commercial beers (or at least brew something close). Those attempts fail, generally.

No, Revvy, I didn't come up with this machine. You're right - I wish I had! :cross:

Bob

Havent read all the litterature but as far as i understand the context from you, like someone else said earlier we are the wrong type of customers, as i assume most here arent out to brew commercial style lagers.

Personally im not that much into that style, i just buy it as an cheap way to get drunk. But since im not that interested or yet have had the money to get temperature control for my process, is the price a lot more than the combined cost of cooling, boilers and such to produce a decent lager?

Again, context is key. And you're missing it. ;)

Read ALL of their literature (I did) and you'll arrive at the conclusion that homebrewing in NZ isn't as advanced as what we know. Primarily that's because homebrewing is a substitute for buying commercial beer - homebrewers want to drink commercial beer but it's too expensive relative to homebrew. So they try to clone their favorite commercial beers (or at least brew something close). Those attempts fail, generally.

No, Revvy, I didn't come up with this machine. You're right - I wish I had! :cross:

Bob

Sorry Bob but for once I have to disagree with you there. Homebrewing is not as primative over here as the site suggests and commercial beer can certainly be bought here for reasonable a price. The site is written to target people that have never brewed before or have somehow failed in the past, the view of homebrewing in New Zealand that it offers is as misleading as their PBS vs HB comparison. The same "facts" can be used on people anywhere with no experience of brewing to teach them that this is the greatest thing ever to happen to beer. Homebrewing is just as advanced in New Zealand as it is anywhere else, it just may not be as popular. Not everyone in the US brews Mr Beer, not everyone in NZ brews Coopers.

There's probably a pretty big market, even in the US, for an automated Mr. Beer. Of course, going from $50 to $5,000 cuts that market down to pretty much nothing. Even at $1500 they could probably move some units.

looks super bling, but the only "problem" with homebrew that actually still applies to me is that it takes a month from brew to bottle. I suppose I could use finings and ferment under pressure to get that down to half the time or less, but I haven't gone down those paths yet.

So, if you've got a temp controller fermentation chamber and brew all-grain, none of the homebrew problems other than time really apply. That said, I have a fairly high-tech two-tier electric brewing setup and if you add it all up I've still spent less than half what this thing costs and I'd bet dollars to donuts my beer is way better.

We are obviously not the target market, the DIY homebrewer is going to be extremely turned off by a system where you push a button and beer comes out a week later - that is, unless he designed and built the system himself. :)

Pommy,

Fair enough! You're the bloke on the spot, as it were. I sit corrected. I admit I was generalizing, that's for sure; I was going on Internet reading (not just the bling-manufacturer's site), and that's bitten me on the arse before. ;)

Cheers!

Bob

P.S. Fracking thing is still temptingly shiny...

Can your system brew beers that have not been invented yet? This system can time travel, get recipes from the future and brew them in present time.

They mention that there's no need to bottle so less work, as beer's served right from the machine.

The one problem with this however that when you run out of beer, you're without beer for 7+ days while you make another batch. Can you imagine serving your friends and it runs dry... "sorry guys - just wait 7 days and we'll be good to go again!".

Or maybe that's part of the marketing: Since you have to buy at least 2 units if you always want to have beer available on tap!

Kal

If I had money to blow on something like that. I'd keep saving and put myself together a right proper and fancy backyard brewery.

They have "Blind Taste Test" results up on their site with scores for beer from their machine matched up against commercial beers. It looks like their beers score slightly higher than Fosters and Heineken and dead even with Budweiser. If that's not a major selling point then I'm a homebrewer.... :p

blindtastingresultgraphjpeg.jpg

I seriously read that and thought it must have been a parody site. There is just too much LOL material there for it to be real.

Make a huge starter, ferment at the low end of the ale spectrum, keg on day 7 and shake until carbonated. Bam! (Probably) drinkable homebrew in 7 days! Latest technology!

Advantages of Personal Brewing

1. Our beer is made in a single vessel, without damaging transfer steps. We combine fermentation, maturation, clarification and keg and bar all in the one vessel, whilst still adhering to all true brewing principles. It is therefore technically the freshest beer in the world. And beer is like bread, its best fresh.

Revvy???? Where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you?!?!?!?!

Advantages of Personal Brewing

1. Our beer is made in a single vessel, without damaging transfer steps. We combine fermentation, maturation, clarification and keg and bar all in the one vessel, whilst still adhering to all true brewing principles. It is therefore technically the freshest beer in the world. And beer is like bread, its best fresh.[/QUOTE

Revvy???? Where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you?!?!?!?!

come and gone already.

Back