Holy Crap, I just got ENGAGED.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I could provide a pic of the new fiance...

swmbo.jpg

re the topic: I am so sorry to hear that, run before you go thru with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, a few of my friends had similar reactions..."I'll gas up the car, we can be to Mexico before the weekend...they'll never find us."

Congrats!

Now that you're engaged, you can introduce her as "your ex-girlfriend". Goes over great. Trust me.:p

Xaphoeous said:
One quarter past the hour preceding dusk a fortnight after the equinox of spring in the two thousand and twelfth year of our Lord.

Haha! In the Year of our LORD (written in small caps), MMXII, anno domini.

Haha! In the Year of our LORD (written in small caps), MMXII, anno domini.

hahahaaaa, I think I'm going to have to do this. Then, in parentheses and smaller font beneath it, the actual date and time in normal format.

Haha, a few of my friends had similar reactions..."I'll gas up the car, we can be to Mexico before the weekend...they'll never find us."

A friend's wedding was at a park on Milwaukee's lakefront. During the rehearsal, he made a move like he was going to run for it. The pastor says, "Don't do that. ... Look, your guests will be in the way. Go THAT way!There's a stairway down to the road, and then the highway is right there!"

Congrats, I just pulled the trigger as well.. About a month ago. I have helped plan a bit so far, but the flowers are her deal. And as someone else said, don't have a strong opinion unless it's warranted. You'll get the stink eye real quick. Hardest thing for me is coming to the realization that you are going to spend an A&& load of money for ONE DAY!!! I'd rather use it to buy a house but, this is what they think about for their whole lives, better make them happy!

Congrats, I just pulled the trigger as well.. About a month ago.

Congrats!

Our funds are very limited, as we have to pay for it all on our own without any help from family. I'm pulling for a big BBQ with friends and family to keep costs down. She already had the big blowout wedding to her best friend (lasted 6 months before they said "oops") so she said a big event isn't important to her. This is my first (and hopefully only) wedding, so I'm hoping I get to mak ethe call the keep it small/cheap.

Yeah....riiiiiiiiiight.

Latest posts

Back