High fermentation temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w0732400

Reaction score
Brewed a delirium tremens clone a week prior to this past Sunday. I'm in El Paso TX it is already warm here. My houses AC went out on Friday and temps were 78 or slightly above in the late afternoons or evening 73/74 in the morning, I know it's early in the process for a beer that had a OG of 1.085 but it tasted real alcoholy and hot yesterday. If i keep it below 70 the rest of the way will it clean up? Or is it going to be tanted or ruined ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was using wyeast belgian strong, and safale 04 btw

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Temperature range for belgian strong yeast is 64-80 degrees. I think you will be okay. The 'hot' should mellow with time.

YEAST STRAIN: 1388 | Belgian Strong Ale™

Back to Yeast Strain List

The classic choice for brewing golden strong ales. This alcohol tolerant strain will produce a complex ester profile balanced nicely with subtle phenolics. Malt flavors and aromas will remain even with a well attenuated dry, tart finish. It may continue to produce CO2 for an extended period after packaging or collection.

Origin:
Flocculation: low
Attenuation: 74-78%
Temperature Range: 64-80° F (18-27° C)
Alcohol Tolerance: approximately 12-13% ABV

Back