Hi there from Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colindo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a German homebrewer who is particularly fascinated with British beer styles. I love getting very detailed clone recipes for various beers and seeing if I get close to the real deal from cask. One thing I'm currently working on is the complete Fuller's parti-gyle.

You can find lots of my recipes on my Youtube channel, just search for 'The British Pint'.

Hello, nice to have you aboard. For sure I will check the content on YT - especially if you have any water chemistry videos. "Na zdrowie.".

@scrap iron Thanks, but I believe I'm already familiar with the standard literature. Some of my most recent brews are from Ron's page using German-grown Chevallier malt.

@kaziel I'm not big on water stuff yet. Just the basics.

Welcome! It sounds like you'll have a lot to contribute and discuss.

Here's a fun thread lots of fun back and forth regarding English ales.

We also have another member from Germany that's in to English ales as well I believe his handle is @Miraculix !

I to frequent Ron's site and have some of his books they are great. He will post on here every now and again @patto1ro .

Here's another interesting English ale thread.

I'll be sure to check out your YouTube channel.

Cheers,

Hi @Miraculix, it is from a project in the lower Rhine area called Korn B. It is the first year they've grown it and you cannot buy it, but I asked around enough that one brewery that is part of the project sold me their leftover from their commercial brew.

Hi @Miraculix, it is from a project in the lower Rhine area called Korn B. It is the first year they've grown it and you cannot buy it, but I asked around enough that one brewery that is part of the project sold me their leftover from their commercial brew.
Lucky you! I hope that it's as good as the British grown version of it. If I'd had to choose one malt for life, it would be UK Chevalier. It is just brilliant on it's own.

@Miraculix Never tried the UK version, but the small Dutch maltster was definitely overtasked with this first lot. He used a standard pale-malt recipe which led to the Chevallier having terrible yield. Will be improved next year.

Also I heard that Rhönmalz sells some German Chevallier if you go to their Bavarian shop. Not available online...

@Miraculix Never tried the UK version, but the small Dutch maltster was definitely overtasked with this first lot. He used a standard pale-malt recipe which led to the Chevallier having terrible yield. Will be improved next year.

Also I heard that Rhönmalz sells some German Chevallier if you go to their Bavarian shop. Not available online...
Well.... I am in Bremen :D

On another topic, I am in Bonn next week for one night. Anything there you know you can recommend to go have a beer and maybe dinner?

@Miraculix Yeah, I know.

In Bonn there is the brewery AleMania which does English style beers. But I was a bit disappointed by their bottles. Maybe they're better on draught? Don't know much else about Bonn, I'm afraid.

Back