Hi Homebrewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipe29

Reaction score
Hi all users in the forum, my name is Felipe and I'm from Santiago, Chile. I started as a user in this homebrew talk because I believe that in the US the last Years have brew a really good quality beers and I had the chance to drink like Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Dogfish 90, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale to name a few ones.

Now I'm starting to read a lot of articles and books to brew a nice beer like americans do nowadays and now I'm in a project with a Chilean Microbrewery to do a collaboration, so the idea is a hoppy American Brown Ale (50-60 IBU, 7 to 8% ABV) with hazelnuts but my fear is that if we do it too Hoppy (because we are gonna use american hops) the hazelnuts aroma-flavor get lost in the beer.

I want to do the technique that mash the hazelnuts and hydrate with hot water for mix more easly with the beer but i want to know in wich waves of the boil I drop out the hezelnuts in the beer. We want to use like 2 kg of hazelnuts.

I hope anyone of you can give me a little help
Cheers! :mug:

Welcome! You can get all those beers in Chile? That's cool. Post questions in the forum that likely applies, and you will get all kinds of useful advice!

Back