Hi from South Africa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinghero

Reaction score
Good afternoon one and all

So this will e my first post. let me start by saying a few words about myself.
I am a young Afrikaans Male, I stay in Gauteng.
I have a keen interest in doing things myself and learning new skills.
I love animals and I have owned more than a few.
I am a Pit Bull lover.
I am a knife Lover and would love to learn the skill of knife making but that's a bit more expensive.
I am a Gamer.
and I am a bit of an OTAKU ( whats that ? some of you might ask ) Otaku means addiction loosely translated but its more commonly used when referring to some one with an extreme interest and love for Anime ( whats anime you ask ) Well anime is Japanese animations of which most people already know like Dragon Ball Z, DBZ being one of the few that I have watched, I believe I'm close to about 5000 episodes of not more or rather a lot more.
But above all I am a husband to a stunning wife and Father to the most amazing little Girl and in a few months there will be another member to our family as I'm soon to be dad AGAIN. And yes I know that I can get carried away some times and speak about my little princess for hours on end.

I also consider my self some what of an amateur chef, I am always cooking something new or trying something new and touch would 99% of the times it comes out great.( I might even share some killer recipes if allowed )

ok now on to Beer ect.
I don't know anything so influence me as you please.hahaha
I have watched a few how to brew your own beer vids on youtube and it seems to all be the same vids done by other people, very interesting stuff, BUT now I would like to try my hand at this. so I'm looking at buying a starter kit but I'm a bit skeptic as I can honestly yell you I love whiskey and brandy and the only beer I really drink is a cold Millers, I have never had a craft beer before either. I will Drink a Castle and I would rather drink a Black Label, I don't like A Pilsnar ect (any suggestions on a good one to start of with )

I am also keen on distilling but that's again a little more expensive and thus I will rather try my hand at making beer and move up.

Now lets get those Questions rolling , if you want to know anything ASK ASK and well ASK hahahah

Regards
The King

Back