Hi from Fox River Grove, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayandkerry

Reaction score
Hi, all.

My name is Ray Rosene and I am just getting into brewing after many, many years of planning on doing it. I bought an Ale Pail plastic bucket kit probably 10-15 years ago and it kept moving with me from place to place as I never found the time.

Why did it take me so long? I have a lot of hobbies (playing/building guitar and banjo, photography, building tube amps, wood working, drinking beer, running so I can afford to drink more beer, etc., etc., etc...). And the thought of all that bottling just never seemed worth the effort. So I told myself I’d start as soon as I got sufficient space and $$ to keg. Well…then I got married and had kids. Ooops! :)

But this year (2014) I decided it was time. I used a bunch of credit card points and mail ordered a 2-keg kit from amazon, along with just about everything I needed (including a 50 lb bag of Pilsner DME and some Saaz and Cascade hops). I also bought a used fridge and an extra keg, so I am now officially brewing…woo-hoo! I have my third batch in the primary now. I have been using mostly DME and steep some grains for flavor.

The first two are delicious so things are going well and I attribute that to lurking on this site a lot. I have learned a huge amount using the search function here. This is an excellent site and it’s way past time I joined.

So I just want to say thanks to all the contributors here!!!

Ray

Greetings to a Lake County homebrewer, from a McHenry County brewer! Glad to have another member in this insanity we fondly call brewing!

glenn514:mug:

Thanks, everyone! By the way...I'm in unincorporated Fox River Grove, which is actually McHenry. But I've worked in Lake and lived in Cook, so it's all good. ;-)

Latest posts

Back