Hi from Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBA

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Billy and I'm new to homebrewing. I was introduced to it by a coworker. This past Saturday I bottled my first batch, the Bavarian Hefeweizen kit by BSG, and brewed my second batch, the Oktoberfest kit, also by BSG. Since I'm not setup for lagering, I went with my local homebrew shop's recommendation for Wyeast 1007 for the Oktoberfest. I got a little concerned when I was seeing no activity in the airlock after more than 48 hours, but when I got home from work today I saw bubbles, so I'm happy.

I intend to stick with extract brewing for the foreseeable future, but I'll slowly move away from the boxed ingredient kits.

Hi. My name is Billy and I'm new to homebrewing. I was introduced to it by a coworker. This past Saturday I bottled my first batch, the Bavarian Hefeweizen kit by BSG, and brewed my second batch, the Oktoberfest kit, also by BSG. Since I'm not setup for lagering, I went with my local homebrew shop's recommendation for Wyeast 1007 for the Oktoberfest. I got a little concerned when I was seeing no activity in the airlock after more than 48 hours, but when I got home from work today I saw bubbles, so I'm happy.

I intend to stick with extract brewing for the foreseeable future, but I'll slowly move away from the boxed ingredient kits.

Welcome, and glad to see another happy newcomer.
I moved away from the kits after my first brew. On a scale of 10, that registered a 3/10 beer. My first all-grain got a 4/10, my second all grain a 7/10, the third and on have all been 8's 9's and 10's. There is so much more flavor, and no homebrew taste. Perhaps I grew more and it's not all grain Vs kits, but for me, all grain is the answer. I also feel a great sense of satisfaction that the fabulous beer in my hand was not only brewed by me (from scratch), but created by me.

Cheers.

Welcome from KY. This is the place to learn and make brew friends. It's an indispensable resource and as encouraging as AA. ;)

Back