Hi from a 1st timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zugbuggin

Reaction score
Zugbuggin from Georgia here,
I'm almost finished with my first batch of Blackberry Wine the fermation has stopped and I didn't have to backsweeten as I liked the sweetness when I took a little test sip. I added Potassium sorbate and a camden tablet so the wine doesn't get any dryer. I hope that was the right thing to do. I have my second batch in the fermenting bucket now. I capped the gallon jug and moved my first batch to my cool basement to clear up then I'll rack again it and bottle. I am very much a rookie so if i've described something I should have done differently let me know. I hope you'll be patient with the many "stupid" questions to come from me.
Thanks
Zug

Zugbuggin from Georgia here,
I'm almost finished with my first batch of Blackberry Wine the fermation has stopped and I didn't have to backsweeten as I liked the sweetness when I took a little test sip. I added Potassium sorbate and a camden tablet so the wine doesn't get any dryer. I hope that was the right thing to do. I have my second batch in the fermenting bucket now. I capped the gallon jug and moved my first batch to my cool basement to clear up then I'll rack again it and bottle. I am very much a rookie so if i've described something I should have done differently let me know. I hope you'll be patient with the many "stupid" questions to come from me.
Thanks
Zug

Sounds like you're on the right track! Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Back