Hi Beer Budds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
I HAVE A BIGGNERS PROUBLEM.I HAVE MADE ABOUT 65 GALLONS.
AND I DONT GET THE BEST CARBATION EVERY TIME .WHATS WRONG. THANKS JOHN.:ban: :ban:

Are you bottling? If so, how are you bottling? What are you priming with? What are the storage conditions for the beer?

P.S. What would make tou think he's kidding, Todd? :cross:

Telegraphs Only Do Capital Letters Stop. Buddy Youre Going To Have To Be More Specific On Your Methods For Us To Help You Stop.

Weird. I put everything in all caps and it capitalized everything instead.

Not much help here One person did try to help The rest are jest worried about your typing class went they did not offer this to me when i went to school that was for chicks.

Don't mind them. They're just having a little fun.

I assume you are making 5 gallon batches.
How much cane sugar are you using per batch?
Did you lightly stir the corn sugar to distribute it evenly through your beer?
How long has the beer been in the bottle?

Generally, time will solve the carbonation problem. While your waiting, Pick up "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charlie Papazian Its an easy read and has a lot of good tips. Good luck

buddy said:
Not much help here One person did try to help The rest are jest worried about your typing class went they did not offer this to me when i went to school that was for chicks.

We'd help, but you've given us very little information to go on. There are lots of variables at work, it could be a lot of things. How much sugar, for example? Do you use a bottling bucket?

Do this:

1) Go buy some corn sugar
2) Put 3/4 cup of it into 2 cups of water (make sure you get it all to dissolve) and boil it for 5 minutes
3) Pour it in your bottling bucket, and then siphon your wort onto it, making sure not to splash
4) Bottle, wait three weeks, and *psshhht* - carbonation

How long have you let the bottles sit before opening? Yeah - the waiting is the toughest part, but time does work its thing. I'm waiting on a stubborn batch right now as a matter of fact ('I've drunk a bunch flat in the name of 'monitoring progress')

:tank:

ayrton said:
Do this:

1) Go buy some corn sugar
2) Put 3/4 cup of it into 2 cups of water (make sure you get it all to dissolve) and boil it for 5 minutes
3) Pour it in your bottling bucket, and then siphon your wort onto it, making sure not to splash
4) Bottle, wait three weeks, and *psshhht* - carbonation

Thank you very much.Ithink i will try this on a batch of light i have going right now.
See i started with the MR Beer kits and they have you add the priming sugar straight in to the bottle.Now i have a conical fermenter and should be able to use my ale-pal with a spiket to bottle .right . THANKS JOHN.

Latest posts

Back