Hi all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm John from Milton NY. I did my first home brewing back in the 90's - the "don't worry, have a home brew" days. All extract back then. I shelved my gear during the kid raising years - not sure why. Anyway, I got back up and brewing about ten years ago. I jumped into full mash brews with orange igloo mashtuns. I was and am brewing about 4 batches per year but plan to up my production. I am a retired high school chemistry teacher so I'm especially interested in water chemistry/mash pH and now starting to explore hop chemistry. Thanks for the invite. I look forward the fruitful exchange of ideas with you-all. Cheers.

Welcome , my story is similar , except for the teaching ( I'm a commercial diver) but I want to correct you on one thing... I'ts still the "don't worry, have a home brew" days . :bigmug:

New to the group. Anyone else from on here from the Rio Grande Valley? Looking for brewing equipment, anything in the 1 to 5 bbl range. A friend and I are looking to start a brewer's club in Harlingen, Texas

Back