Hey There

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeejayDebi

Reaction score
I've been brewing just a few months, since September. Started it as a new idea for Xmas gifts a basket of cheer! 25 cases of cheer in 3 to 5 gallon batches. I always make my gifts and thought brewing sounded interesting. My Dad and a few local farmers used to brew wine when I was a kid and blew out a few barn walls this seemed safer.

I started adapting recipes I found on the internet and concocted 7 fruited brews (4 were wheats) and an amazing German Albier and IPA. I was hooked on Hallertau and liberty hops instantly! Got my Rhizome order in already. All my recipes so far have been steeped grains and DMEs.

I built my Rubbermaid 10 gallon, SS braided manifold mash tun and 8 gallon spigoted pot this past weekend, got 152 lbs of grain, 35 bs of assorted DMEs, 15 types of hop pellets, 8 -5 gallon kegs and 8 -3 gallons, in the spare bedroom, 8 tubes and 15 packets of yeast in the fridge and the grain mill will be in next week. Hope to do my first ALL grain when the mill comes in.

I think I got the BUG!

PS I Do NOT recommend ST Pats for buying anything unless you like to be left hanging with no information and rude smart A$$ed answers when you dare question them.

I love this hobby!

Hi and Welcome. I liked your whisk idea for aerating the wort in the other thread. I think I might try that next time.

Howdy, welcome to forum. St. Pats has distanced herself from the homwbrew world and has targeted the commercial wineries. She doesn't love us anymore.

DeejayDebi said:
PS I Do NOT recommend ST Pats for buying anything unless you like to be left hanging with no information and rude smart A$$ed answers when you dare question them.

I love this hobby!

yea, st. pat's gotout of the homebrew biz a while back and are just selling what stock is left. they've moved on too commercial winery and brewery equipment.

so, what kinda drum set do you have? snare??? do tell!:D

DeejayDebi said:
My Dad and a few local farmers used to brew wine when I was a kid and blew out a few barn walls this seemed safer.

Blew out barn walls?! Are you sure they weren't making something besides wine?

-walker

Walker said:

-walker
I'd quess semtex!! :D
I've noticed you've been posting away merrily DeejayDebi - That's the spirit!! Hope you enjoy the forum:)

Definately try the whisk thing! I did it because I didn't have anything else and it worked amzaingly well. Tried the fish tank areation thing and it took to long and didn't seem to do alot.

Once you get really good you will amzaing your friends and family the next time you make fluffy lite omelets for Sunday bunch!

:D

Blender said:
Hi and Welcome. I liked your whisk idea for aerating the wort in the other thread. I think I might try that next time.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you know I am a drummer/ drum builder? LOL Maybe it was in the profile? Anyway ...

I have a really sweet early 80's Ludwig super classic maple with long lugs - all coated evans G1s and G2s mounted on a pearl DR501 rack. 4 hanging toms (10, 12, 13, 14") two floor toms (16 & 18") a 22 x 24" kick with a Aquarian Super kick II, and a 1956 Ludwig Ludaloy 14 x 5 snare. 7 mounted Zildjian cymbals (a closet full of unused one too).

Three snares I built myself, a 10 ply - 13 x 3.5 birdeye maple supra snare natural finish low gloss, a 20 ply - 13 x 5 birdeye maple supra snare natural finish low gloss, a 13 x 5 Mahogany Stave shell natural finish low gloss high polish and a hand made 30 ply 14 x 6 mahogany veneer natural finish low gloss high polish. Again all Evans coated G1 heads.

My gig kit (I only do backups anymore for bands that do our public access show CC) is a cheapie Pulse 5 piece kit with Evans coated G1s, but sounds great.

http://www.geocities.com/deejaysmusic/

http://www.concertconnections.net/

:D

DeRoux's Broux said:
yea, st. pat's gotout of the homebrew biz a while back and are just selling what stock is left. they've moved on too commercial winery and brewery equipment.

so, what kinda drum set do you have? snare??? do tell!:D

It was a 100+ year old barn - looked like drift wood. They used all kinds of fruit from our trees and tomatoes and dandelions. One really hot summer while we were at a wedding it all exploded! 4 barrels of new wine tall as I was at the time (probably around 40 -50 gallons each. BOOM and what a stink! We ahd to burn the bard down couldn't clean it to porous. LOL

I do remeber we (the kids) could only drink it for a short time then it was off limits. They started drinking with water glasses and finished the barrels with shot glasses!

:cross:

Walker said:

-walker

Thank you all for being so friendly - brewers do seemed to be ...errrr ...

spirited folks!

;)

Caplan said:
I'd quess semtex!! :D
I've noticed you've been posting away merrily DeejayDebi - That's the spirit!! Hope you enjoy the forum:)

I am soooo ready to try AG! Got another 53 Lbs of grain in yesterday from Listermanns. Dans a really nice guy too.

http://www.listermann.com/

I am I finally got a UPS email from those darned ST Pats people with my grain mill. Found a really nice gent at another site - Fred Boujour that gave me a few good recipes to try a Scottish Ale and Matrimony Ale to start with. I can't wait!

LupusUmbrus said:
Greetings and welcome aboard, Debi! Sounds like you're plenty ready to go AG ^_^;

Back