Hey, Revvy's right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdp

Reaction score
the other part of california. Pines, not palms
I opened a dunkle weizen after 10 days in the bottle. Usually after 10 days 12oz bottles are already carbed up from my experience, but the 1 liter swingtops that the dunkle was is was just starting to show signs of carbonation. I am glad I tasted it, but I think it will be much better in about a month! Bigger bottles do take longer, at least this batch anyway!

I use my swing top Grolsch bottles as my 1 week tests as they are usually carbed first.

I just bought 2 cases of the 1 liter bottles so I would only have to fill 18, so I really had no choice. The only drawback is that a whole liter is blown as soon as I take a sample taste. I will have to keep a couple 12oz bottles next time.

I will have to keep a couple 12oz bottles next time.

This is my plan. I bought a bunch of 22oz bottles and a case of 12oz... that way I can taste test the the 12oz ones and waste just a little bit less beer.

Back