Hey! I am a craft brewer too!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot again this weekend. Was pretty busy, but not too busy. No excuses. I'lltry to do it tonight. And pay attention to the audio. May overdub if need be.

I have to reshoot tonight and upload tomorrow on the due date. Thats how I am, sorry. First filming was crappy quality. Busy this weekend.

Looks like we have 6 or 7 people with uploaded videos. Keep it up, people!

Excited to see the results!

And so far, I've been able to play back everything. Some don't have the most stellar audio, but nothing that's so bad I wouldn't use it.

Uploading mine tonight. The audio wasn't great so were over dubbing it tonight.

I filmed yesterday while sparging, so hopefully a three tier at an angle is a good shot. I felt pretty dumb talking to the camera, so hopefully it's loud enough. I'll also leave in the outtake where I forgot a word. I'll import/upload tonight.

Yeah, hopefully I waited long enough. The editor's going to say '...$%^&in' Sigafoos...'

Uploading mine now. The framing isn't as good as I'd like, but it was me and a ladder (not even a tripod), since my wife was sleeping. It's .m4v because that's what iMovie defaulted to; if it's not good enough, let me know what settings you want and I'll reencode.

Also, the line of lulz was 'Home brewing is happening from America to Australia, and is practiced throughound the world. That's not a word.'

I think you're just fine. We sort of let the thread die off and it took us awhile to get out the uploading instructions, so a lot of people either haven't had the time or the reminder. At this point it looks like we've had 11 submissions, so it's pretty safe to say the deadline is getting extended. I'm continuing to be a bad role model by not filming and submitting mine :eek:

On that note, editors? From looking back through the thread, I'm seeing that a decent no. of people volunteered. Was a "head editor" or some sort of plan to divide the work ever figured out? Regardless of how we split the work, to ensure uniformity/etc I think we'd want the "final cut" to rest with one person. One potential issue with having editors split the work is that means you're adding another re-encode of the video, potentially causing a quality drop.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, concerns? If one of the volunteer editors who has more video experience than myself could take over in that area, that'd be great.

We only have 11 people who have uploaded so far- we'll definitely need more, so please, everybody, get it in ASAP!

Oh thank god. I don't know why I thought I'd be the only one not getting around to this on a board of professional "Beer samplers". :)

Wow.... I was underestimated how slow my internet is....

83% done. Been uploading for 36 hours. I am sooo sorry. I know late stuff drives everyone crazy.

:EDIT: I am uploaded!!!!!

Let us know if you need any more lines. I can help out and I will try to find a faster connection.

I know I'm not going to be able to get to this, if someone wants to take my lines (unless the deadline is changed) then go for it.

I'm available to take someones lines and would be able to have it recorded and uploaded by the end of the day if I could help. I am off all day today.

I just went over what has been uploaded so far- we're pretty lacking. We have 44 lines missing, out of 90. That's with 12 people so far contributing. Here's what I suggest doing- extend the deadline to June 25, 1 week from today. I'll PM everybody who hasn't responded yet, and ask for a definite yes or no, whether they'll be done by then or not. Then we can reassign any missing lines. Please respond here if you're willing to do some more lines.

People willing to cover:
Boerderij_Kabouter
Irie5447
Sigafoos
humann_brewing

I can try tonight. Add memo to phone! I was going to do it tomorrow, but it turns out they need me to work, and I'd rather not let them down at this stage of our economic economy. At least my paycheck will be close to normal again.

I actually plan on brewing this weekend, so maybe it could wait until then?? I'd rather not fake it.

Just setup your stuff and bring three cups of water to a boil for some steam. I wasn't brewing in any of mine. I did a set of shots in front of my brewery, in front my taps, and in a random room in my house.

If I do any more lines, I will probably do them in front of some fermenting beer.

I should be brewing again Sunday if you need more from me, but I don't think what I did was spectacular so let's go for variety over mediocrity.

Just setup your stuff and bring three cups of water to a boil for some steam. I wasn't brewing in any of mine. I did a set of shots in front of my brewery, in front my taps, and in a random room in my house.

If I do any more lines, I will probably do them in front of some fermenting beer.

Yeah, I should check my lines again and see if using my equipment is even necessary. I'll have to hoist a pint I think. Might take several takes to get it right though... :D

I'm available to take someones lines and would be able to have it recorded and uploaded by the end of the day if I could help. I am off all day today.

I PM'd Jamesnw back. Like I stated earlier, my camera is broken and I can't film. Feel free to take my lines. Just join the group and look for the line assignment thread.

I PM'd Jamesnw back. Like I stated earlier, my camera is broken and I can't film. Feel free to take my lines. Just join the group and look for the line assignment thread.

I went ahead and added yours, Edcculus, to my list just incase they were needed. I figured they don't have to use what they don't want/need but it certainly couldn't hurt to have them done.

On that note, if we have until the 25th, I would be able and willing to shoot more lines if you need me to. I'm not trying to be a line-hound at all but if you are still short I'd rather contribute more and actually see a finished product.

So count me (still) in! :mug:

-Tripod

can anyone guide me in the direction to join the group. Edcculus said I could have his lines and I would like to record this and send it in ASAP!

I went ahead and added yours, Edcculus, to my list just incase they were needed. I figured they don't have to use what they don't want/need but it certainly couldn't hurt to have them done.

On that note, if we have until the 25th, I would be able and willing to shoot more lines if you need me to. I'm not trying to be a line-hound at all but if you are still short I'd rather contribute more and actually see a finished product.

-Tripod

can anyone guide me in the direction to join the group. Edcculus said I could have his lines and I would like to record this and send it in ASAP!

Thanks for picking my lines up guys.

-Tripod

man someone wants to be the star of the show:)

Shot my lines earlier today while brewing an IPA. as soon as I dig out my firewire cable and adapter, I'll be uploading.

The software forgot to send me messages about PMs, so I was re-informed of this today. I'll be shooting mine later today. I get to say "...3!" Exciting!

My flip camera is a real pile of crap... meh.

Tried to get the files off on my desktop a few times this week with all kinds of problems. I finally just used my work laptop and was able to export them, but there's this awful electronic whine throughout all the shots.

I get guess I get what I paid for.. (a half-price reconditioned old model flip cam on woot)

My flip camera is a real pile of crap... meh.

Tried to get the files off on my desktop a few times this week with all kinds of problems. I finally just used my work laptop and was able to export them, but there's this awful electronic whine throughout all the shots.

I get guess I get what I paid for.. (a half-price reconditioned old model flip cam on woot)

Upload it- I'll take a look, and may be able to get rid of some of that noise.

I got a couple of lines done and plan on doing the rest tomorrow during a brew. My daughter had fun being "cameraman". She's such a good kid. Sh elikes to crank the crusher, but we measured out 11 lbs of grain tonight to get ready for tomorrow and she's is NOT loking forward to crushing all that grain. I don't know WHERE she got the idea that she had to crush all of that by herself! hehehehe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back