Hey from East-Central IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buraglio

Reaction score
This place is a marvelous resource!
I just started my first batch last weekend (and posted when my fermenter blew off the top because of a broken airlock; thanks for the quick replies). My wife got me a kit about 4 years ago but I never had time to use it. Since I'm sidelined from my normal hobbies for a while I needed a new obsession.....beer brewing it is.
I have an extract based English brown ale that is ready to either go to bottle or secondary....I'm super excited about trying it. I'm going to try an extract based bock next and have the stuff to start a simple mead tomorrow or the next day.
There are a lot of good local resources where I live (Champaign-Urbana, IL), not to mention here, so I hope to graduate to all grain at some point but till then I'm going to keep "practicing". =)

buraglio said:
There are a lot of good local resources where I live (Champaign-Urbana, IL), not to mention here, so I hope to graduate to all grain at some point but till then I'm going to keep "practicing". =)

Welcome! Decatur here, and yeah, "Practice makes perfect!" :D :mug:

Welcome aboard!

Ize

Ize said:
Welcome! Decatur here, and yeah, "Practice makes perfect!" :D :mug:

Welcome aboard!

Ize

ahh, Decatur. My wife and I went to school there for a little while, we used to go and get Chili at Paul's all the time. I grew up right down the road in Clinton and she grew up in Wapella.

I posted in another thread of yours, but Urbana here! Out of curiosity, what local resources besides leisure time pet and hobby?
If you need help making the jump to AG, I've been doing them since about mid summer, have about 10 AG brew under my belt.

buraglio said:
ahh, Decatur. My wife and I went to school there for a little while, we used to go and get Chili at Paul's all the time. I grew up right down the road in Clinton and she grew up in Wapella.

I have a good friend from Clinton, his band used to play at the Irish Circle in Wapella occasionally. (This is of course many moons ago)

I'm from StL originally. Been here more than a few years tho.

Ize

Ize said:
I have a good friend from Clinton, his band used to play at the Irish Circle in Wapella occasionally. (This is of course many moons ago)

I'm from StL originally. Been here more than a few years tho.

Ize

What was the band? I lived in Clinton from 1975 till about 1995, it's pretty likely that I at least know of the band.
It's funny, I often end up at the Irish Circle in Wapella whenever I go back since many of my old friends still live there. It's a nice, mellow bar but they have a terrible beer selection, like many small town bars.
If you ever make it over to C-U there are several places in town that have a pretty decent beer selection. The [new] blind pig and Radio Maria in downtown Champaign and Crane Alley in Urbana all have a pretty good selection of beers. Mike and Molly's in downtown Champaign isn't too bad either.

nb

+1 on crane alley and blind pig, have a good friend that is a bartender at crane alley to.

Somebody told me that there was a Champaign Urbana brew club meeting, but I forgot the important information, date, time, and where? Glad to see people enjoying this hobby where I'm from.

Somebody told me that there was a Champaign Urbana brew club meeting, but I forgot the important information, date, time, and where? Glad to see people enjoying this hobby where I'm from.
It was tonight 7pm at the bread company on goodwin... we might be heading to the pig here in a few though.

Back