Hey all.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawMonkey

Reaction score
I did a few kits several years back; the first was superb, the second not-so-good. The third I didn't care for, but others did, so I gave it all away and asked to get my bottles back.

The bottles never did come back, but I kept hoping. At some point I realized my bottles were lost to the mists of (IIRC) Blanchester, Ohio. At some point after that, I started collecting new bottles, and just recently started a new batch. It's bottled now and I'll likely crack the first one sometime this week (or, if I'm impatient, this weekend. :D) So far I've stuck to kits from Listermann's, which is up the street from me here in Norwood; I'd like to branch out in to some recipes soon.

I'm pretty pumped about getting back into the hobby, and've decided to try my hand at some small batch country wines--I've never been more than an occasional wine drinker, and the notion of doing my own grape wine doesn't appeal. There's always been something mysterious and intriguing about the notion of strawberry/dandelion/etc. wine, though. Now if only I can find a two-gallon bucket for a primary and some ripe local fruit I'll be all set! ;)

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you good folks in the months to come!

Welcome!

I was born in Cincinnati and lived there for the first three years of life...hear it is a nice place;)

Good luck getting back to the hobby...err...obsession....a lot of good people and good advice here.:mug:

I lived in Cinti most of my life and still work there. I also get my ingredients from Listermann's. This is a great site and the info has really improved the quality of my brews. Let me know if you want to swap some brew. Welcome back:mug: RR

I figured there'd be at least a few Cincinnati-area folks around. I can't say as I want to stay here--after school I'd like to move to Washington state--but it's not such a bad place to be. :)

RR: So far i've just done Listermann's kits, but once I get around into crazier stuff, sure.

Most of Dan's kits produce some pretty fine brew but if your looking for recipes try BEER CAPTURED by Tess & Mark Szamatulski or the BYO issue 150 Classic Clone Brews both available at Listermanns. I found out about a great Homebrew club through Listermann's www.bloatarian.org. Lots of great people and fun events. Hope to see you there. If I do my name is Chris.

Back