Here's my gravity plate chiller setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke_d

Reaction score
I've got my boil kettle hooked up to my Shirron plate chiller. Just a testament to the fact that gravity chilling works no problem!

1415242256071.jpg

Haaay... Nice idea.

;) now seriously... how many times have you used that brew stand? I'm just wondering if that wood at the top gets hot. I'm guessing you have at least used it once and checked it as the brew was going.
Again, just wondering, that's the first thing I thought when I looked at the picture.

Nostrovia!

I am jealous! I'm still in the ice bath stage haha. How fast can you chill with that setup? I saw one of those as the LBS last week.

...that's the first thing I thought when I looked at the picture.

It was the green pool for me!

I used to use to gravity feed from my BK through my plate chiller and into the carboy with one pass with no issues. I actually had a bigger learning curve with my chiller when I added a pump

Excellent! Thank you for verifying that water runs down hill.

While funny, it is has been mentioned a number of times that a plate chiller either needs a pump or it is advised to use one. That is likely why he has shown this setup. ;)

Latest posts

Back