Here is my method for Managing Your Brewing Schedule using a Gantt style chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausofstrauss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my method for Managing Your Brewing Schedule using a Gantt style chart in a spreadsheet

Full post on my blog:

Managing Your Brewing Schedule

014-Full-Schedule-NO-markings-1024x564.png

I really love Gantt charts and how they can help you to be organized. Microsoft Project is either a really good or really bad tool to use (depending on who you ask). I actually like it for projects that I manage at work, but I don’t get into the fine details. I just use it for basic timelines, since it really helps me see the big picture. I started looking at using it for my fermentation schedules, but in brewing, your yeast are on a 24/7 schedule and I was finding all sorts of roadblocks in using 24 hour schedules in Project.

I ultimately decided to go back to my old trusted Excel spreadsheets for this task. This format has served me well for the last two years. I don’t claim that this is the ultimate way to do it, but it might at least serve as inspiration for someone else to create something grander.

Looks pretty well done from here. Might have to look into that more :)

Bidness required me to use MS Project since the late 90s, and I still use it for managing my brewing schedule. Managing dependencies is probably the one thing it can do pretty well that's typically out of scope for a spreadsheet solution. Realizing there's a resource issue in the pipeline before it actually happens has value ;)

The graphics are typical mid-90s MS clunky, but it works pretty well just the same...

Cheers!

Hey now this is pretty sweet! I'm still of the old school mentality, even though I work in IT, and still use pen and paper to track beers in my brew day log. Maybe I'll print off a blank sheet of this and use it on a clipboard in my basement. Thanks!

Back