Help with setting up my mash tun and whirlpool setup (keggle)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a nor cal false bottom and love it. I have the smaller whirpool assembly from bobby m and it works great. I drilled mine in under the 5 gaal mark as that's the smallest batch size I do in a keggle.

I use a nor cal false bottom and love it. I have the smaller whirpool assembly from bobby m and it works great. I drilled mine in under the 5 gaal mark as that's the smallest batch size I do in a keggle.

Which set up did you use? theres so many in Norcal Store.
How does the whirlpool work on 10+ gal batches? does it still swirl good?
Thanks for the quick reply

I have a 15 in reverse hinge with the stage 1 and 2 supports/stands. Though they broke apart so I use one one the mash run and one in the boil kettle. I did opt for the handle on one of my two false bottoms and I do like it.

The whirlpool works well for 10g batches. Your not going to get s votex like you would in a stirplate, but I get movement all the to the top. That's with about 12gal post boil. I used this with my new CFC on an alt beer this last week and was happy to see all that cold break get tossed back into my kettle and get held back by the false bottom.

Norcal's false bottom is awesome but Zach at SSbrewing.com also has quality false bottoms.

Latest posts

Back