Feedback on my proposed set-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyJed

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been lurking here for a long time. this forum has done wonders with answering any google search I throw at it.

I've been brewing for about 4 years now on a modified Clawhammer BIAB setup where I added a "HLT" to perform a sparge.

I'm now in the ground-up planning phase of a new cleaner looking RIMS set-up. This is what I've come up with so far (borrowing heavily from Justin over at On Brewing):

Brewery Set-up.png

The Boil Kettle is on the left and Mash Tun on the right. Both have bottom fittings. The RIMS tube has the sight glass above it and will be connected by brewers hose to the Mash Tun. The top of the 4-way will also connect to the back side of the tee on the boil kettle with brewers hose. Same with the front of the tee and the left of the 4-way going to my plate chiller.

I'll have a false bottom in each pot, a loc-line sparge arm in the Mash Tun, and a whirlpool arm in the boil kettle (I know the false bottom will negate whirlpool effects, but this will also decrease the aeration of the wort before boiling)

The only hose that will be moved during the brew day is the one going from the plate chiller to the boil kettle. When cooled I'll fill my conical with this.

Am I missing anything glaringly obvious to the rest of you?

Latest posts

Back