help with installing brewmometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yabo72

Reaction score
I want to install my new Blichmann weldless brewmometer on my sanke kegs and am not sure the best height to drill. I'm concerened about too much heat from the bottom (propane) but would like the possibilities of still making 5 gallon batches.
Thanks

The Blichmann Boilermaker kettles come with a flat piece of stainless steel to slide under the kettle on the burner. You place it under the kettle so it blocks the direct heat from getting to the thermometer.

I'd get it as low as you can - I have a 20g Boilermaker, and it doesn't register temp till about 7 gallons. :mad:

Mine on my keggle is at about the 3.5 gallon level....or about 2/3ds up from the bottom of the vessel, (not counting the skirt) to the first rib. No problem with heat there. The biggest thing is make sure you don't mount it directly over one of the vent holes in the skirt...try to space it in the middle between two vent holes.

Mine on my keggle is at about the 3.5 gallon level....or about 2/3ds up from the bottom of the vessel, (not counting the skirt) to the first rib. No problem with heat there. The biggest thing is make sure you don't mount it directly over one of the vent holes in the skirt...try to space it in the middle between two vent holes.

Same here. I have no problems with the heat at this level (although I have a regular thermometer and not a Blichmann).
sightglass.jpg

Back