HELP with a Frigidaire Mini fridge kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul00

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am attempting a kegerator build very similar to the one shown HERE. Actually, I believe my fridge is identical, so I should be OK with everything outlined in the first page of that post.

Then, I also purchased a Dual Tap Tower to install. Now, here's my issue. The fridge is going to go beneath a countertop. So, I need to somehow have the beer lines come out of the fridge (looking for recommendations where), up through the countertop (how do I insulate?) and through the Dual Tap Tower (How do I secure it to the tile countertop?).

So, you can see I currently have 3 questions:
  1. Where is the best and easiest way to run the beer lines from inside of the kegerator?
  2. How do I effectively insulate the beer lines running outside the kegerator to the tap?
  3. Assuming I don't screw up my drilling through the countertop, how do I secure the dual tap tower to the countertop?

Here are images of what I'm dealing with:

20141030_155813.jpg

20141030_155948.jpg

1. From the looks of the pictures in the thread that you linked to, going out of the top, close to the door is where I would drill. But, from looking at the opening that you are wanting to put it in, I don't think that will work. Out the back looks to be the only option.

2. This is going to be tough. It is going to be hot in there because of the small size. Run the line through PVC and insulate the heck out of it. Use a PC fan to blow cool air from the fridge through the PVC.

3. You have the fridge centered in the middle of a grout line. To make the tower look nice, I would put it centered with the fridge. That means cutting into 2 or more tiles. Would be easier to only cut into one. It looks like you will have to have it pretty close to the wall, close to that outlet.

In other words...even though you have a lot possible issues, it could be done.

Back