Help...What is the diameter of this shank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewalk02

Reaction score
I'm installing 4 of these shanks tonight (hopefully they are on my doorstep when I get home from work) but I don't know the diameter of them. In an effort to save a trip to HomeDepot can someone tell me the diameter of these so I can grab the correct drill bit from my work?

Draft Beer Nipple Shank Assembly

Sooo does that mean pick up a 1" bit? I guess I should have browsed that page a little better, I was just looking at the picture (like I normally do with books).

I'm pretty sure it's 7/8 inches. I couldn't find a 7/8 inch hole saw locally, so I used a 1 inch to install them in my kegerator and it worked fine.

Sooo does that mean pick up a 1" bit? I guess I should have browsed that page a little better, I was just looking at the picture (like I normally do with books).

Could use a 1". Or could get a 7/8" paddle bit if you are drilling wood. Might have to work the shank a bit to get it through the hole tho.

FYI, I ended up using a 7/8" bit and the shanks fit in like a glove....thanks guys!

Back