Help--Weak Tap Stream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DZzero15

Reaction score
I recently built my Kegerator with four taps, but sadly I'm having trouble get a strong stream on two of the four taps. I've checked for leaks and didn't find any. I tightened all the fittings and it still comes out a trickle with lots of foam. Any troubleshooting advice?

Are you sure you didn't freeze your kegs. That sounds like 2 frozen kegs or atleast getting there.

I have gas lines for all four. I have the temp set at 39 degrees. I'll try cranking up the temp for a while. Its an older freezer and may not have even temps.

Since its only on two kegs I'm leaning towards plugged diptube/ poppit. Try switching QCs to the free flowing kegs. Also without a fan to keep the air circulating in the keezer, its hard to maintain temps not only top to bottom but when the keezer cycles on and off. Try installing a $5 computer fan on its own circuit inside the keezer.

Cracked it up to the 50s last night. The stream is still fairly weak this morning. I also tried disconnecting and re-connecting the QCs and switching the gas connects. I think its coming out a little better now--as in, I don't have to wait 5 mins for a pint. One of the taps comes out all foam. Should I purge the CO2 out of that keg possibly? You guys think I need to replace the diptube?

No, you need to remove the dip tubes and tap lines and check them for obstructions. Hop leaves. Clumps of yeast. Frozen beer.

Latest posts

Back