Help--Weak Tap Stream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DZzero15

Reaction score
I recently built my Kegerator with four taps, but sadly I'm having trouble get a strong stream on two of the four taps. I've checked for leaks and didn't find any. I tightened all the fittings and it still comes out a trickle with lots of foam. Any troubleshooting advice?

Are you sure you didn't freeze your kegs. That sounds like 2 frozen kegs or atleast getting there.

I have gas lines for all four. I have the temp set at 39 degrees. I'll try cranking up the temp for a while. Its an older freezer and may not have even temps.

Since its only on two kegs I'm leaning towards plugged diptube/ poppit. Try switching QCs to the free flowing kegs. Also without a fan to keep the air circulating in the keezer, its hard to maintain temps not only top to bottom but when the keezer cycles on and off. Try installing a $5 computer fan on its own circuit inside the keezer.

Cracked it up to the 50s last night. The stream is still fairly weak this morning. I also tried disconnecting and re-connecting the QCs and switching the gas connects. I think its coming out a little better now--as in, I don't have to wait 5 mins for a pint. One of the taps comes out all foam. Should I purge the CO2 out of that keg possibly? You guys think I need to replace the diptube?

No, you need to remove the dip tubes and tap lines and check them for obstructions. Hop leaves. Clumps of yeast. Frozen beer.

Back