HELP, There is Beer everywhere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorsicht709

Reaction score
So I started a Beer kit called Brewhouse last night. The insturctions called for a 10 gallon bucket, however I only have a 6.5. I asked the guy at the local homebrew store and he said it would be fine...... boy was he wrong.

I pitched the yeast lastnight and today it was fermenting like crazy. I removed the airlock and put a tube into the bung to create an blowoff . However No air seems to be getting out of it, now every 15 minutes beer starts oozing out from under the lid.

I have already tried cooling it down by putting it in my basement.

Can anyone think of any suggestions??

The only thing I can think of, is that perhaps your krausen is rising to the level of the lid. Many of my buckets don't seal that great and would allow liquid to escape if it got to that level. No matter how much gas is escaping through the blowoff, if it is rising to that level you may encounter spillage.

Again, without seeing it in action I have no way of saying for sure, just a thought. Good luck and have a homebrew.

Thanks, The brew calmed down overnight, drastically. Last night before I went to bed it was fermenting like crazy. This morning it was calmed down enough to put the airlock back in, and its bubbling away nicely. I guess it just threw a temper tantrum

Back