Help, should i re-pitch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog68

Reaction score
I brewed a brown ale a couple of weeks ago, pitched some Windsor yeast (my first mistake) and watched it go for two days. After two days, it just stopped at 1.017, OG was 1.050. I thought i would leave it alone for awhile, so i just racked it to secondary and it hasn't moved. Am i stuck with this? Can i pitch more yeast? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
BTW- WINDSOR YEAST SUCKS!

Windsor yeast is very good for brown ales where you WANT a sweeter finish. Your attenuation is right on the mark for Windsor. Pitch some Nottingham and it should hit 1.010.

Thanks David, so think it is OK where it is? i thought my final gravity was a little high. I don't have any nottingham around, but i can get some. I do have ca ale yeast, would that work?:mug:

Thanks David, so think it is OK where it is? i thought my final gravity was a little high. I don't have any nottingham around, but i can get some. I do have ca ale yeast, would that work?:mug:

You can do that if you want. But I think a brown ale at 1.017 sounds tasty. That means it'll have some body and residual malt sweetness.

How does it taste to you?

Actually Yooper, it does taste pretty good. It doesn't have as much body as the last one i brewed, but it is mild and sweet. I guess i will leave it alone for another week or so, then its drinkin' time!:tank: Thanks for the input fellas.

Actually Yooper, it does taste pretty good. It doesn't have as much body as the last one i brewed, but it is mild and sweet. I guess i will leave it alone for another week or so, then its drinkin' time!:tank: Thanks for the input fellas.

You're welcome! :mug:

(I'm sure you meant fellas in the non-gender specific sense of "fellas", right? I'm just a little sensitive about that! :D)

You're welcome! :mug:

(I'm sure you meant fellas in the non-gender specific sense of "fellas", right? I'm just a little sensitive about that! :D)

OOOOOOPPPPPPPPS, Sorry. I guess i should know who i am chattin' with.:eek:
I guesss i should use my old southern term......thanks for the help Y'all!!!!:tank:

Back