Help putting together a recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunawan

Reaction score
Is it a no-no to ask for help putting a recipe together?
I am a new brewer and only have two extracts under my belt, and they were both from an assembled kit with instructions.

Id like to put together my own recipe for a 3 gallon batch of milk stout with shredded coconut added in after racking to my secondary. I have no Idea where to start :eek:

It is perfectly fin to ask questions. I don't have too much experience with stouts but have made a few. I wonder if the oils from the coconut would hinder fermentation? Your best bet is searching through old threads and educating yourself on the topics as best you can in order to ask good questions and understand the answers given in response. I remember when I made my first extract recipe and I wish I had known about HBT at the time. Ask away though and I will help with what I know.

We have a forum just for recipe help! I use the "recipes/ingredients" forum to ask any questions about forumulating recipes, or trying to get some help with something I'm working on. It's always good to ask questions. I don't have any experience with coconut in beer (hate the stuff!- coconut, not beer) but you may find that others have.

We have a forum just for recipe help! I use the "recipes/ingredients" forum to ask any questions about forumulating recipes, or trying to get some help with something I'm working on. It's always good to ask questions. I don't have any experience with coconut in beer (hate the stuff!- coconut, not beer) but you may find that others have.

Awesome. Its always good finding a forum where everyone is polite and more than happy to help!

Yeah, it seems to me either you hate coconut or you love it. I just happen to love it :p

I believe I read somewhere that the coconut oil will kill any potential head retention in the beer. Go ahead and search on here for a reputable milk stout recipe and use that for the base, then add your cocunut and see what happens!

Back