Help on this one here?..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickBoz

Reaction score
Ok so i forgot to take my Original meter reading and my last hydrometer read before secondary was at 10.10 now if i am correct that is between 4.3 5.3 area, I have no bubbling in my airlock and i don't mind a cloudy beer so im gonna let it go in secondary for 1 more week and move to bottling , so my question is "this safe?" plus when i moved to secondary i was still getting some small bubbling, so do you think i will get beer bombs if i bottle in a week?

the recipe is-

Grains-
Crystal 90L 0.5lbs
Wheat 4.0oz
Black malt 2.0oz
Chocolate 1.0oz

Extracts
Pale 2.0qts

HOPS
Bittering
Cluster 0.33oz
Galena 0.5oz

Finishing
Hallertau 0.5oz
Irish Moss

Especially at this stage bubbling doesn't mean you have active fermentation and lack of bubbling doesn't mean you don't. Check it twice a few days apart and if it hasn't dropped it's ready to bottle. I'm guessing by 10.10 you meant 1.010, which sounds pretty low in any case. Point is, trust the hydrometer and go by when it stops dropping.

Especially at this stage bubbling doesn't mean you have active fermentation and lack of bubbling doesn't mean you don't. Check it twice a few days apart and if it hasn't dropped it's ready to bottle. I'm guessing by 10.10 you meant 1.010, which sounds pretty low in any case. Point is, trust the hydrometer and go by when it stops dropping.
:mug:

ok, so i will drop in for a test tomorrow, but one more question, At this point is my abv around 4.3 higher or lower?

do you know how much extract you had in weight? we could probably get a ballpark estimate if you had that info. i'm not sure how much 2 quarts is in weight. was it one of the 6# jugs? if so, your OG would be at least 1.043, and if 1.010 is your FG, you'd at least have a 4.29% beer on your hands. you also didn't mention if you just steeped or did a partial mash, as that would contribute a few more points.

im not sure of the weight.
it was a extract kit with all the grains and hops. i am new to brewing so i am not building my own beers yet.

Back