Help me with my apa recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
So I decided to try and design a basic apa, I want to try a simple recipe first then add different grains, hops, yeast the next time(s) I brew it to see how different ingredients change the taste. I want a easy drinking balanced beer. This is what I came up with

6lbs 2row
1lbs cara pils
2lbs pilsner
1lb crystal 40
.5lb crystal 60

1oz centennial 60 mins
1 oz cascade 10 mins

Safale 05

I'm not sure of the aa of the hops as I don't have the info with me but the ibu is around 32.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Personally, i'd up the hops. I made a APA that was under hopped and tasted more like a blonde and i didn't really like it(because i like the hoppier type beers).

IMO, Add 1 0Z more Centennial. .5 oz @ 45 and .5 @ 30.

For what you want, simplify things.

9# 2 Row
1/2# Carapils
1/2 # Crystal 40

1 Centennail at 60
1 Cascade at 10
1 Cascade at FO
1 Cascade dry hop 5 days

Mash around 150, pitch S05 and keep it under 68* if you can.

Honestly, for a really nice simple APA - do 10# Marris Otter with about 4 oz of Cascade.

So I decided to try and design a basic apa, I want to try a simple recipe first then add different grains, hops, yeast the next time(s) I brew it to see how different ingredients change the taste. I want a easy drinking balanced beer. This is what I came up with

6lbs 2row
1lbs cara pils
2lbs pilsner
1lb crystal 40
.5lb crystal 60

1oz centennial 60 mins
1 oz cascade 10 mins

Safale 05

I'm not sure of the aa of the hops as I don't have the info with me but the ibu is around 32.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It seems like the IBU for this would come out above 32 if your Centennial are in the normal AA range.

Latest posts

Back