Help me find my beer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSkies

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hoping someone out there could reconnect me to the beer I'm missing. I tried it at a beer bar in Athens, GA (so it has southeastern distribution). It was a pale-type ale, except it had a strong sourness with almost a hint of apples (from the sour maybe?) Light color, clean head, served in the brewery's glassware (some kind of chalice-looking thing). I don't think it was imported.

It's been months since I tried it and I've been deployed since, and this beer is haunting me. Any ideas? Thanks!

That's not it, but those are some great looking beers. Next time I'm down in Ga I'll have to make a little road trip to investigate what all is being made down there.

It was at a beer bar near UGA, Trappeze Pub. On draft, I believe. Super sour. Didn't have the depth of a flanders red or a blended sour. It was puckeringly good. It's a shame I can't remember what, and that the bar's web site is down.

This could be difficult, since they rotate what's on tap, but I've got another 2 hours in my flight... I see that they serve Ommegang from another site. Rare Vos matches your description somewhat (not so sour), Ommegang has some chalice-esque glassware, and it is an awesome beer.

I'm probably off, but I know where I will be having a beer if I'm ever in Athens.

Well, it seems I fed yall some misinformation...I THINK it was Petrus Aged Ale. If thats the case, it was indeed imported, and actually is a blend. Thoroughly enjoyed by me, and it'll be on the top of my list when I get stateside.

Trappeze was a great place, if you ever find yourself in Athens. Kinda stumbled upon it- lots of great beers and knowledgable staff, and not a "lesser" beer in sight- shocking, considering it's locale...

Thanks fellas, I can sleep now.

Back