Help me clone it? Widmer Brothers O'Ryely IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
I Want to try and clone their rotater rye ipa.
Heres the facts:
OG: 15* P or about 1.060
Abv: 6.4% which means an fg of about 1.011
Ibu: 50
Malts:
Pale
Carapils
Rye
Crystal 10
Caramel rye

Hops:
"Alchemy" for bittering
Nelson Sauvin
Galaxy

For hops i figured i would do a 60 min boil of magnum
Then add about 1/2 oz of the two hops with 15min to go and the other half oz at flameout then dry hop with both.

Widmer's Alchemy hop blend consists of equal parts of Warrior, Magnum and Horizon. For example for a 5 gallon batch use:
0.25 oz Warrior [15.00%]
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00%]
0.25 oz Horizon [12.00%]

Widmer's Alchemy hop blend consists of equal parts of Warrior, Magnum and Horizon. For example for a 5 gallon batch use:
0.25 oz Warrior [15.00%]
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00%]
0.25 oz Horizon [12.00%]

I decided to go with 1/2 oz magnum [16.7%] this time, but I will try that out on a future batch!

Prost!

how did this beer turn out? I really like the o'ryley ipa

It came out great despite my lack of fermentation temperature control. This was one of my first 5g all grain batches. I'll do this one again soon but this time ill ferment in my swamp cooler. I also didn't dry hop so ill definitely add that this time. And ill give the alchemy blend a try.

I'm going to brew this again this weekend. I emailed Widmer just now and if I get any response from them I will update this thread. Love me some nelson sauvin.

Malts Pale- 79% C-10- 4% Carapils- 6% Weyermann Rye- 6% Weyermann Cara Rye- 3% Weyermann Chocolate Rye- 2%

Hops 1st addition start of boil any high alpha. Shoot for about 20 bu's from this addition. 2nd addition end of boil, start of whirlpool-Nelson Sauvin. Shoot for about 25-30 bu's from this addition. Dry hop at terminal. Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy. I'll let you get creative with this addition!

Pitched with 1056 and fermented around 66F

Back