Help me choose a beer for my wedding rehearsal dinner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxual

Reaction score
I'm getting married on September 19th, and my parents are throwing the rehearsal dinner at their golf club the night before. They are having it catered by a local BBQ place and my mom asked me to choose the beer. She knows I'm a beer aficionado, and won't like or drink BMC if they get it, so she asked me to make the call. She imposed three requirements:
  1. Myself and my discerning groomsmen must like it.
  2. The others at the party will be able to tolerate it.
  3. It has to be available in keg form in western New York
My thinking right know is either Brooklyn Lager, which is the least despicable of the lagers available (I am not a fan of lagers), and Magic Hat #9, which is very inoffensive and drinkable, but merely OK. I am way open to other people's knowledge of different beer suggesting something... I'm all ears!

Edit: The food will be pulled pork, brisket, salt potatoes, beans, and coleslaw.

Take a nice weekend road trip down to Ellicottville Brewing with your bride. Welcome to Ellicottville Brewing Co!
They have the "Brew-Ski" sampler (beer samples on a snow ski) and make some pretty delicious beers! And I know you can get kegs because my father in law got a couple for a party before. Or just you and your buddys/groomsmen go! I also heard that Yuengling is being distributed in NY now - always a good option.

With that menu, I'd go for an American Pale Ale. I think Sierra Nevada distributes nationally. Others may chime in with more brews local to you.

Back